System build guide

Associate
question:

My new built just arrived today, and wondering, which way shall I install the graphics card.

Install everything except for 580gtx on Asus Z67 then after windows install the card or

put everything on the mobo including the 580GTX and install windows ?

thanks

Associate
I'm upgrading my parents system using the old parts from my old system.

I've not re-applied thermal paste, but temps aren't bad and its working, however I want to do that today.

Its a Q6700 and i'm using an Asus Silent Knight (which seems not very silent at all :p).

What thermal compound should I get? and how do I remove the previously applied compound from the CPU and the heatsink?

Thanks
David

Associate
I used Mx-2 and all went well! Also got some TIM cleaning stuff which made it easier. However when I first booted temps went upto 90C, I removed the heatsink and plonked it back and temps around 35C.. Although I believe its bad to not re-apply thermal compound if you remove the heatsink.. But it appears to be fine.

Alright for my first ever thermal compound applying! Might have used a bit too much however!

David

Permabanned
Help! the front panel headers for my new case have been listed on each one so i know which is which however it says refer to motherboard Manuel for where to connect them.I have lost my mobo Manuel and i cant seem to find one online.
Is this a case of hit and miss? will i break my pc if i put headers in wrong place when checking to see which is which?

cheers

Soldato
Help! the front panel headers for my new case have been listed on each one so i know which is which however it says refer to motherboard Manuel for where to connect them.I have lost my mobo Manuel and i cant seem to find one online.
Is this a case of hit and miss? will i break my pc if i put headers in wrong place when checking to see which is which?

cheers

Personally I wouldn't try experimenting as you could do some serious damage.

Most motherboard manuals are available somewhere on line, usually from the manufacturer's websites, and the actual model number should be printed somewhere on the board itself.

What information do you have on the mobo?

Permabanned
Personally I wouldn't try experimenting as you could do some serious damage.

Most motherboard manuals are available somewhere on line, usually from the manufacturer's websites, and the actual model number should be printed somewhere on the board itself.

What information do you have on the mobo?

Hey thanks for the reply

Managed to find a manual eventually, up and running now :)

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom