System build guide

Associate
Good stuff, gonna be helpful when my kit arrives on thursday. been way to long since I build my own machine of thunder.

Associate
Excellent guide. Many thanks. Gave me the confidence to crack on without other help and best of all, it all worked without a problem! Just wish Mobo manuals would be a bit more helpful though.

Associate
Great guide, used it last night to build my first ever PC!

One little question though, I couldn't get two of the Mobo screws into the stand offs, one is in the very top left corner corner up against a fan and the other was at the top in the middle behind the ram.

Couldn't get a screwdriver down there to get the screws in.

This won't affect the performance at all will it?

Also didn't realise the Cooling Fan had thermal paste on and took it off the CPU when I realised I put it on the wrong way round, but then span it round and screwed it back down. Will this affect performance or anything again?

Thanks!

Associate
OP
Great guide, used it last night to build my first ever PC!

One little question though, I couldn't get two of the Mobo screws into the stand offs, one is in the very top left corner corner up against a fan and the other was at the top in the middle behind the ram.

Couldn't get a screwdriver down there to get the screws in.

This won't affect the performance at all will it?

Also didn't realise the Cooling Fan had thermal paste on and took it off the CPU when I realised I put it on the wrong way round, but then span it round and screwed it back down. Will this affect performance or anything again?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum and enjour your new build!

I use a short stubby screw driver for hard to reach mobo screws. However, if you really can't get the screws in (some times its quite frustrating) and the mobo is not rocking about or lose then it should be fine.

Removing the heatsink once placed is not the best, however aslong as your temperatures are fine then nothing to worry about.

Associate
Hugely helpful - I'm a first-time builder now, and ordering the parts for my first computer to be built by me. Really nice and well layed out, will definatly refer to the guide when building my computer. Thanks a lot.
-John

Associate
Am I right in thinking that as both motherboards and processors can have integrated graphics, the graphics card, along with the disc drives (usb input instead) are not strictly necessary? Great guide all the same by the way.

Associate
Am I right in thinking that as both motherboards and processors can have integrated graphics, the graphics card, along with the disc drives (usb input instead) are not strictly necessary? Great guide all the same by the way.

That depends on what chipset the motherboard has. Some make use of the processors integrated graphics, some don't. If the board has a video output (either in the form or VGA, DIV, or HDMI) then it can use it.

If it doesn't then it does require a graphics card.

Disk drives are not necessary although it does make live easier when installing windows etc..

Associate

Be aware it is a low budget build so some parts won't be particularly up to date, for instance (annoyingly) we are carrying over the old hard drive from our previous computer instead of upgrading. should a spec of
amd fx 4 4100 black edition 4 core 3.6ghz socket am3+ 8mb (CPU),
arctic alpine 64 gt cpu cooler (CPU Cooler)
sapphire hd 5450 1gb ddr3 pci-e (Graphics)
8 gb of ram
and stuff of this level sufficient for a guide?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom