T-FORCE XTREEM ARGB DDR4 - Some timings and results

Man of Honour
Purchased this kit ;
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...8-4000mhz-dual-channel-kit-rgb-my-0ad-tg.html

I was intrigued by the ARGB so had to try it for myself, it doesn't disappoint and looks amazing in person ;

Zc11N8z.jpg

The pure white has a ghostly look to it ;

a9HzuSd.jpg

I only needed 3600mhz for my Ryzen cpu, but as the 4000mhz was on special offer last week - i went for that one.

The IC is Hynix AFR, which is well down the list of decent clockers, well behind Samsung B and Micron E and a few others according to Buildzoid.

Stock timings are 18-22-22-22-42 @4000mhz

So running at 3600mhz should give me a little headroom for tightning.

Ive not tweaked ram to any great degree before, so armed with a couple of guides i tweaked-stabilty test-tweak-test-tweak-test........for 3 days !

Final stable clocks are 15-18-19-35 1T Geardown mode Disabled @3600mhz / 1.416 v
JiLXBDO.jpg

Not sure if these are good results in the grand scheme of things, but i am pleased with them and i learnt a lot about the various timings and their effects along the way.

Soldato
Am I missing something obvious, because those timings seem poor to my eyes? :confused:

15-18-19-35 1T Geardown mode Disabled @3600mhz / 1.416 v is err not great.

In fact it's truly awful.

No. Latency isn't good. It's average at best.

For starters you should be at CL14. Not 15.

Use the A2/B2 preset from the dram calc and up the voltage to what is needed.

Will be much better. Tweak form there if you want to.

Looking at the specs of that ram I am 100% sure you can do a hell of a lot better than what you have a achieved.

Last edited:
Soldato
Am I missing something obvious, because those timings seem poor to my eyes? :confused:

15-18-19-35 1T Geardown mode Disabled @3600mhz / 1.416 v is err not great.

In fact it's truly awful.

No. Latency isn't good. It's average at best.

For starters you should be at CL14. Not 15.

Use the A2/B2 preset from the dram calc and up the voltage to what is needed.

Will be much better. Tweak form there if you want to.

Looking at the specs of that ram I am 100% sure you can do a hell of a lot better than what you have a achieved.
It's Hynix not B-die.

Associate
Excellent results for AFR, really good tuning there. tCWL loosened to 13 may let you tighten up tWTRL, tRTP and tWRRD, I'm surprised you were able to run it at CL - 3 with 1T CMD Rate. I really don't think it'll make much difference though, splitting hairs at that point.

If you want to have a little fun with it set it to 21-28-28-28-2T, leave everything else on auto and see how high you can post. May get a cpuz validation approaching 5000mhz if they're placing nicely in that board, that's always a warm fuzzy feeling even if its rubbish performance and not stable :). Watch out for auto voltages if you do this though...keep an eye on vSOC and make sure it stays below 1.25v.

Associate
In preparation for the New Flight Simulator 2020, I bought 4 sticks of this RAM, giving me 32Gb in total as well as a new Asus TUF GAMING B460-Pro motherboard, an i7 10700K CPU, and Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 cpu cooler.

All seemed to run fine, but despite me enabling the XMP in the Bios and selecting profile 1 which says 4000MHz, my RAM is only running at 2400 MHz? (ie CPUID says 1197.4MHz)

I am a newb at overclocking ( I am guessing that is what XMP is doing )
Really want to get optimum from this setup as Flight Sim released on 18th August (2 days away)

Many thanks in advance for any tips or advice.
Regards
Rob 'Blodhemn' Engvikson

Soldato
In preparation for the New Flight Simulator 2020, I bought 4 sticks of this RAM, giving me 32Gb in total as well as a new Asus TUF GAMING B460-Pro motherboard, an i7 10700K CPU, and Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 cpu cooler.

All seemed to run fine, but despite me enabling the XMP in the Bios and selecting profile 1 which says 4000MHz, my RAM is only running at 2400 MHz? (ie CPUID says 1197.4MHz)

Really want to get optimum from this setup as Flight Sim released on 18th August (2 days away)

Regards
Rob 'Blodhemn' Engvikson
You probably should have went with a z490 board as B460 supports ram speed up to 2666 also you have an unlocked CPU but the board can't overclock.

Man of Honour
OP

Regards
Rob 'Blodhemn' Engvikson

Hi Rob, as Joxeon has posted above, it looks like your motherboard is causing the issue.

With the ram, just enabling XMP will boot it at its 4000mhz rated speed

Just tested mine ;

RZAzVsD.png

So looking at the above image 1996MHz x 2 ( as it is DDR - Double Data Rate ) = 4000mhz

Associate
Not sure having tighter timings affects latency that much, well at least for me. This is with my FlareX that I bought with a 1600X back in the day...
cachemem.png

Back
Top Bottom