T Mobile 3g Sim question

Caporegime
Hi all

I dont know if anyone will know the answer to this, tmobile werent too helpful...in fact the lady i spoke to had to keep asking someone else for my answers lol:p

Anyways i know tmobile has 3g coverage which is great as i will be using a 3g enabled phone on their network.

Now the only question i have is that the sim i have...is that already 3g enabled??...according to tmobile they say it is but they werent 100% sure. I know with O2 i had to get them to send me a new 3g enabled sim for me to use in my 3g phone. But i dont know if its the same with tmobile.

So does anyone know??..perhaps Morba might know??

Caporegime
OP
Actually i just found out the answer, seems like the tmobile sims are 3g enabled anyways from what the guy at telesales was saying.

Another question that maybe someone can help answer is that seeing im on the flext50 with web n walk tariff. In order for me to get unlimited surfing and email do i have to use a tmobile branded phone??. I see that on my 810i i have a menu called the web n walk and if i click on that i connect to the internet so to speak.
Now the other question i have is if i use an unbranded tmobile phone ie like a sim free n80 and connect to the internet via that phone with my tmobile sim....am i going to be charged for my internet usage?? or is it still unlimited to me. Im confused as telesales say i will be charged but speaking to tmobile CS last night they said i wont be charged if i used an unbranded tmobile phone.

Could anyone clarify this for me??

Caporegime
OP
Morba said:
the connection shouldnt be charged, WnW is only gprs iirc, not 3G (atleast not yet).

shouldnt be any need to use the branded stuff.

Cheers Morba for the reply, doesnt matter if i connect via 3g or gprs as long as i dont get charged for it or i have to use a tmobile branded phone that has the web n walk interface on it.

Back
Top Bottom