1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T-mobile MDA Vario II - when??

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by Guybrush, 14 Aug 2006.

1. Guybrush

Banned

Yes, I know this has been talked about loads!

Does anyone know if this is actually coming out on T-mobile any time soon, if at all?

I’ve seen discussion of it being released in June, July, August etc. and some talk of it not getting released in the UK at all!

Anyone have a definitive answer?

2. GuruJockStrap

Sgarrista

I've heard this week sometime.

3. thedazman67

Wise Guy

I rang t-mobile the other day enquiring about the avaliablity of this phone, they couldnt give me an answer they said its still going through testing. :rolleyes:

thedazman

4. AFK_Matrix

Wise Guy

From the forum I have been reading the date is the 16th of August, but who knows if thats gonna happen. I actually went into vodaphone and looked at there model and the thing is nice and fast opening applications and the jog wheel is very nice indeed should be a very nice upgrade from my slow Nokia 9300. Only problem in my eyes is the button layout on the vodaphone models, just don't like it at all. The best looking model in my opinion is the Orange model, as the Tmobile one has that lovely (NOT) pink/purple keyboard.

BUT Tmobile have the web n walk package which is tempting, my problem is that I have never really used the internet on my phone as it was so slow. So can anyone tell me would a 4mb package from Orange be enough given that all I will be doing is a bit of surfing, looking at my emails?

Last edited: 14 Aug 2006
  5. GuruJockStrap

Sgarrista

Seen it on 2 websites for pre-order so far. These are the cost of the handsets on the Flext 30 and 35 contracts with Web N Walk:

Flext 30

Site 1: £94.99
    Site 2: £111.00

Flext 35

Site 1: £69.99
    Site 2: £79.00

Buying direct from T-Mobile should mean the handset cost is more subsidised. I hope!

6. Spamalot

Soldato

What sites where they?

7. riddlermarc

Man of Honour

I was browsing these forums from my MDA Pro last night via wifi and it was telling me each page request was coming in at around 245KB data usage (at least that's what I assume the KB count was on the IE status bar?). If that's the case, 4MB isn't going to get you very far and if you intend to use MSN Messenger that will use up a fair few KB too..

8. GuruJockStrap

Sgarrista

Here is one of the sites. Don't think I can link the other as it sells items that OCUK sell.

9. GuruJockStrap

Sgarrista

Last edited: 14 Aug 2006
  10. tonyyeb

Mobster

This week!? Sweet! My mate wants one of these, ill have to let him know. Thanks for the info.

11. GuruJockStrap

Sgarrista

Don't take that as 100% certain! Thats only what I've read on a few websites.

The general census is that it'll be released this month. When exactly nobody is 100% sure.

12. AFK_Matrix

Wise Guy

Thanks for that mate, if that is true then might have to go for the 8 or 10 mb packages if i go Orange. Is there any way with Orange or Tmobile to see how many mega bytes of internet access you have go left for the month? Either on the internet or that you can ring up?

13. Yas786

Caporegime

Not with a 3g enabled device it isnt, currently browsing the forums with my k800i and posting from it as well and thats using the tmobile web n walk tariff with my flext50 tariff. As far as i know with the tmobile web n walk tariff its unlimited web browsing but you cannot stream though as stated in their t&c's. For £7.50 a month on top of my £50 monthly flext50 charge....you cant go far wrong with that can you. As of yet Voda, Orange and O2 cant even come close to offering something similar. I know alot of people curse tmobile but tbh its been good as gold for me so far the service.

Another way you could do it is by buying a pay as u go sim card from tmobile and then use the internet that way, you only pay a £1 charge for all day access as far as i know.

14. thedazman67

Wise Guy

I think if you login in to my t-mobile on there website it should show your remaining allowance as for orange i am not sure.

thedazman

15. Pdog

Wise Guy

I have spoken to many different people at T-mobile. They all say the same, 16th August for the Vario II. WIll have to wait to see what if it actually appears on Wednesday or not. I do hope they offer it in black too. The Picture on the German T-mobile site is awful.

Pdog

16. GuruJockStrap

Sgarrista

Website has managed to get hold of the offical press release:

Looks like the 16th of August release date looks true!

With regards to the colour scheme, I wasn't keen on it to start with but it doesn't look bad in that shot.

17. Duradrum

Wise Guy

Anyone got one yet? Can't seem to find them on the T-Mobile site.

18. Flibster

Caporegime

My local T-mobile store is getting stock in tomorrow.

So I'm guessing that tomorrow they'll be up for grabs.

Maybe...

Simon/~Flibster

19. AFK_Matrix

Wise Guy

Cool at last, hope there website gets updated with some price plans soon.

20. Energize

Caporegime

You can download a gprs/umts monitor for windows mobile.