T-mobile MDA Vario II - when??

Man of Honour
GuruJockStrap said:
Clocked 947.9 Kilobits per second and 8.9 seconds to download that file.

Not sure if its running at 3G or HSDPA. Isn't 3G around 350 Kilobits per second?

AdWright said:
Just ran mine and it clocked 1.1megabits per second - 1MB file downloaded in 7.9seconds

Plexman said:
Just ran a speed test and i'm getting around 800 kbps does this mean i'm using hsdpa?

Ive got to ask, what priceplans are you all on?
We were looking into this today at work, and everybody is saying with the current (and note...current) config of W&W, you should not be getting these speeds....bizarre :confused: (and T-Mobile have blocked forum access....so we cant view, unless we use the Vario II's that everyone has now!!)

Associate
Well I'm currently making this, my first post from a mobile device, using my Vario II. My price plan is Flext 20 with regular, not Pro, Web'n'Walk. :)
Adam

Man of Honour
AdWright said:
Well I'm currently making this, my first post from a mobile device, using my Vario II. My price plan is Flext 20 with regular, not Pro, Web'n'Walk. :)
Adam

Bizarre :confused: everything is saying its not possible, dont suppose you could send me your phone number to the account in my trust, wont amend it, just want to view whats going on and what socs are provisioned.

Man of Honour
GuruJockStrap said:
Everyone replace the pants T-Mobile DNS servers with these from OpenDNS:

Web browsing absolutely flys along now!:D
EDIT: I thought those settings had made a huge difference, forgot I was running on wifi rather than 3G at home :p

I've tried all manner of different dns settings and nothing has helped.. now I'm even getting stuck on "Opening.." :(

Last edited:
Soldato
At work so may as well make my first post from the Vario II :D

I'm on Flext30 with web n walk non pro (£7.50). Loving the speed. Hope T-Mobile doesn't wise up and slow everything down again!

Associate
IainB said:
Bizarre :confused: everything is saying its not possible, dont suppose you could send me your phone number to the account in my trust, wont amend it, just want to view whats going on and what socs are provisioned.
I've e-mailed you. Please don't amend anything though - it works great at the moment! :p

Associate
Hi Peeps, On 3G here speeds not that great tbh. I haven't really used Internet ona mobile before. Just got Bluetooth Voice dial working. The standard app that comes with it. I haven't yet tried the Voice Commander, so unsure how good that is. Finally got Push email working which I am loving. Now just got to get a bigger memory card and Car holder. :)

Associate
Pdog said:
Hi Peeps, On 3G here speeds not that great tbh. I haven't really used Internet ona mobile before. Just got Bluetooth Voice dial working. The standard app that comes with it. I haven't yet tried the Voice Commander, so unsure how good that is. Finally got Push email working which I am loving. Now just got to get a bigger memory card and Car holder. :)

How do you do push e-mail, out of interest? Do you need your own MS Exchange server?

Associate
Yes mate, although I believe you can get a free Push email account. Sorry I can't be more specific, I'm sure I've seen it advertised. Google should be able to find something. I need to now work out how to stop the Vario II going into standby, I have to press the 'On' button to bring it back to life :)
off to read the manual :)

Caporegime
AdWright said:
Definitely says 1350 mah on it
Snap to confirm...

Anyone know if you can send pics from it to Nokias via BT? Cant seem to find a bluetooth option when trying to send any item :confused:

EDIT: Ignore just realised what Beam does :p - just cant seem to tell how its sending it...

GuruJockStrap said:
Everyone replace the pants T-Mobile DNS servers with these from OpenDNS:

Web browsing absolutely flys along now!:D
Sorry to be a pain - how do you find the DNS setup? - noob to WM5 :/...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
Well i just checked my battery to make 100% sure and it deffinetly says 1300. It also says the model is a HERM160 do your batteries say that. Bit annoyed to find I am missing 50mAh lol, gotta speak to tmobile tomorrow about sim registration so will raise this with them as well.

Associate
AFK_Matrix said:
Well i just checked my battery to make 100% sure and it deffinetly says 1300. It also says the model is a HERM160 do your batteries say that. Bit annoyed to find I am missing 50mAh lol, gotta speak to tmobile tomorrow about sim registration so will raise this with them as well.

the back of my M3100 says 1350mAh HERM 161 whats the difference?

thedazman

Soldato
Ok sorry for sounding like a noob but just wanted to check something.

I havn't used internet on my mobile before as my Nokia 9300 was crap. So at the moment I have the G symbol on my Vario2 which means GPRS I assume it will change to 3G if i go into an area with a 3G network right?

Caporegime
AFK_Matrix said:
Ok sorry for sounding like a noob but just wanted to check something.

I havn't used internet on my mobile before as my Nokia 9300 was crap. So at the moment I have the G symbol on my Vario2 which means GPRS I assume it will change to 3G if i go into an area with a 3G network right?

Yes as long as your sim is 3g enabled and your network supports 3g.

Back
Top Bottom