T2 : Trainspotting

Soldato
I wouldn't say it was hyped up at all , look at the small budget it had £1.5 million even T2 has only got a very modest $18 million budget any more and the studios start taking over having more say, Danny Boyle didn't want this and good on him.

Look what happened to JJ Abrams with star wars and interference from Disney= a junk film.

Caporegime
A cash in? Boyle isn't short of a bob or two, and I doubt any of the stars are. They've also waited 20 years, which seems a bit remiss if they were hoping to simply cling on to the coat tails of the first film. Boyle has also been talking of making the film since 2009, assuming he could get a decent script and get the cast back together.

will the film earn ? yes. guarenteed.the first was a real picture of the time. where i lived in notts exactly same in my flats for eg heroin addicts blah blah same. music was in time of the era period.

i just hope they dont try and do the same as now isnt the same.its totally different era music period.

maybe he was just waiting for that budget to come in to get those actors back and the script.when you do such a iconic film often many actors who know its that good wont go back for a sequal.

when i look at he whole project trailer i just cant see it being a trainspotting beater.thats all im saying.often anyones best work is the first or early work.

Soldato
often anyones best work is the first or early work.

Not really T2 related but Boyle has remained consistent throughout his directorial career and has made films better than this early work with Shallow Grave and Trainspotting.

Trance, Sunshine (apart from the last 10 minute) and Slumdog Millionaire immediately spring to mind.

Permabanned
Keeping my mind open and hoping for the best, going to see this on Friday.

Its not often a sequel has met up to the expectations of a first film, but it has happened.

Soldato
Got tickets to this tomorrow night after work!

Watched the first one fully last weekend too for the first time having never watched it through fully before - cracking film, hope the sequel does it justice.

Man of Honour
Have high hopes it'll be good, McGregor said he feared making a shambles of a sequel but once he read the script he knew it'd be great.

Does McGregor only feel comfortable making dog egg prequels then? (phantom menace I'm looking at you)

Revised trainspotting the other day in preparation, looking forward to this.

Back
Top Bottom