Tabletop Warhammer?

Associate
Hi all,

Just wondering if any of the people from this forum play the tabletop version of warhammer at all, I for one just started collecting necrons from 40k in January and started going to a local gaming Club fairly close around the telford shropshire areas. Would be great to see who else off here plays?

Arcimbaldo

Associate
I am in the in process of trying to sell my starter space marines set because I want to start again with imperial guard....what made you go with necron?:)

Soldato
Eww Necrons

Used to play several years back, Tau and Kroot. Had (read; have) a complete Kroot Mercenary army probably 2500pts+ including some Forge World models

Last edited:
Soldato
I have 4 pretty high point armies but never played the game. Just enjoyed building the armies.

All boxed up now and in the loft as its been about 10 years since I last bought any. I had an ork army, space wolve army, tau army and a black templar army.

Was wanting to start a choas army but lost interest. I still enjoy going into my local games workshop and watching games.

Its just so silly expensive though.

Soldato
I had to stop playing because I had no job and prices were going up and up and up, but back in the day I played a few armies. Third Edition Chaos Iron Warriors were my favourites, more recently I played Eldar, but I haven't rolled dice in anger for three or four years now, at least. I had considered picking it up again once I got a job but that was years back and I found myself having to spend money on other things.

Plus, not really having a group of friends who are in to it (who are around often) doesn't help. :p

Associate
OP
What made me go with necrons?

Well the look on the face of a space marine player whos terminator assault squads just wiped up all but one out of a 10 strong warriors in assault, then to witness the squad restore to full strength after all 10 passed their well be back roles, it really is priceless.

For me i love all aspects of it especially the customising, im in the process of making my own flayed ones and i love it :D, Ill get some pics of my currently painted army shortly :D

Soldato
I used to have a giant classic Chaos army. It was giant because a friend of mine stole it all from Games Workshop for me, and another friend painted it.

BLOODTHIRSTER KTHNXBYE

Soldato
Have a large Space Wolves army (including Land Raider, Leman Russ, Predator Annihilator, 2 Rhinos, modded Dreadnought), a reasonably sized Eldar army, and a spattering of Necrons (a squad and a Nightbringer (who I kind of modded into an Inquisitor character)). All currently boxed (and so probably smashed to bits) in my cupboard.

When I move out I hope to finish painting and making them all.

Associate
Used to collect Space Marines but tbh I more enjoyed building the models and painting them then actually playing the game. Would love to get back to it but i've heard prices have gone up quite a bit :(

Associate
OP
My first necron warrior :D

Picture005.jpg

I touched it up a bit afterwards but thats my general colour scheme.

Soldato
Haven't played in years but I'm always tempted to drop in when I walk by in town, love the lore of both 40k and fantasy. Can't really get back in to it whilst at uni though for fear of social suicide :p

Soldato
Used to collect Space Marines but tbh I more enjoyed building the models and painting them then actually playing the game. Would love to get back to it but i've heard prices have gone up quite a bit :(

Indeed. When I first started out, you could pay £12-15 for one unit; I think it was £15 per box of Cadian Shock Troops back then. You got 20 in a box, which included one special weapon trooper and one heavy weapon pairing for each squad of 10. Now you pay £15.50 for 10 troops, and only get the special weapon choice. To get a heavy weapon pairing, you've got to pay over £20 for the box of three.

But as long as people keep paying... :(

Back
Top Bottom