Tabletop Warhammer?

Soldato
I like 8th, it seems it's been a big success for GW also. Apparently it's brought many people back and sales are profits up.

I like the 8th rules, quicker, faster slick rules generally, I like the pace of the games I which I wouldn't want to take longer.

And now they have "patched" some of the major flaws in 8th , Grey Knights being completely useless for one, and the various points updates for balance, I think it's in a pretty good state.

Seems they are putting terrain rules in, I get that, terrain rules are almost non-existant a n 8th but.... I'd trade that for people arguing if the model is 50% obscured or not, I remember those days and prefer the you can either see it or not way 8th is. We will see.

Of course model/army releases are always welcome.

Soldato
Seems they are putting terrain rules in, I get that, terrain rules are almost non-existant a n 8th but.... I'd trade that for people arguing if the model is 50% obscured or not, I remember those days and prefer the you can either see it or not way 8th is. We will see.

That can go the other way though, 'I can see 1 hand therefore I can shoot the entire unit'

Soldato
That can go the other way though, 'I can see 1 hand therefore I can shoot the entire unit'

Yea I'll give you that. Although you can argue it makes things faster, but yea I see your point from a strategy/realism perspective.

We'll see.

I really need to get my backside in gear and do some painting, it's been probably 6 months now, but I churned out 3, 2000pt armies in a row, and towards the end I get serious burn out but did finish.

I've got some Necrons that need doing, my son started and gave up, although I painted about 10 I've decided I dont like the colour scheme, so I'll probably biostrip them and have a think about a scheme, Necrons are tricky when trying to decide colours.

Soldato
Well my goodies came yesterday and have my first mini built and primed in black!!

Might try zenithal highlight !!

What do you use to get the plastic molds marks off?

Going to pick up a hobby knife in the morning was using a sharp Stanley but seems hard to get it perfect without risking taking a chunk out of the model.

Soldato
Cheers guys. Just did a little bit of zenithal highlighting and it's seems to have brought out a lot of detail so should be a tad easier to paint.

Could be telling fibs there. Was a little shocked how small these things are!!

I can see how this could be addictive had two of my daughter's following me around the house looking to get involved.

Soldato
Well this my first ever attempt so far so be kind lol. A few bits I'm not happy with but over all for a colour blind noob with a shaky hand I'm pleased.

Haven't touch up the paint work or attempted to shade and highlight yet

OWiAUaB.jpg.png
qHdr5Hs.jpg.png

Soldato
Anyone ordered anthing off wayland durning lockdown? I need suplies!! and GW was was close to 14 days just for dispatch

No, but I did order off Alchemist Workshop, they have far better discounts. Their discounts are even better than Waylands 20% pre COVID prices. Not sure if Wayland will put their prices back to 20% discount or not.

Associate
I did order from ElementGames (first time) and it's been over three weeks now. I received an update from them the other day though; still waiting for the GW model to be delivered. It sounds as if their back to normal stock shipments.

Soldato
Cheers had to order from both GW and Wayland.

Also how freaking hard is it to paint bloody white without it looking washed out or leaving heavy brush marks lol

I take it I would need a lighter base colour than trying to paint white straight onto a black primer?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom