Tabletop Warhammer?

Soldato
Meh need to find a better photo hosting website that I can hotlink to. Not a fan of imgur.

My orders from both Wayland and GW both posted today so seems normal service has resumed.

Started to paint my second mini and it already feels like my technique is improving!!

Ordered more paint, green stuff and a few washes and got a cheap hobby knife and also a set of needle files

Commissario
Bit gutted after I just got the rule book and all kinds last month!!
I'm not sure if they'll do it this time, but IIRC at least once in the past they've refunded the purchase of the main rule book if people bought it just before the new one was announced or released but I can't remember the details.

Pretty much everything else will remain usable:) (things like codex's tend not to get updated for a long time after the new edition).

Commissario
Let you down man!

Here you go, my first attempt at the hair spray technique and it failed. Time to try again!

If anyone has tips on how to stop the undercoat showing through the base layer I'm all ears!
Airbrushing/spraying is such fun to learn and once you know the methods can be such a time saver.

I'm just about to start trying to get on with my Titanicus stuff after about 9 months of nothing, as I'm trying to do Fureans I've dug out my "Robocutter" that I bought about 5 years ago and spent some time playing with it's software as using stencils with an airbrush can save so much time.
I've been trying to make some out of vinyl masking material, which I think have come out ok, but I won't really know until I can clear the spray booth. I cheated in that I had bought plastic stencils but they didn't work as they sat too proud of the armour due to the multi directional curves, so scanned them in and modified them so the machine could cut single use sticky ones.

I'm hoping they'll work:)

Soldato
Ok my first attempts at shading and highlights is having mixed results lol.

Think I went to heavy on the shade.

Looks pretty decent in hand but once you take a picture it looks well messy !!
gMKZzaq.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
In the middle of redoing the tabards. Got a better finish on the wash this time. Still waiting on the Wayland order to be delivered so I can work on the rest of the model.

Really enjoying the hobby so far lol.

When I first saw the Eternals I was like meh but having them in hand and painting them I'm really starting to dig them.

Its the Fyreslayers I would love to tackle but I don't think they are for beginners!!

Soldato
For some reason I've got the urge to start painting, possibly plague marines. I think I'd be more than capable of getting some good results, but don't want to invest only to find out that I'm not as good as I thought I'd be and the end up looking like turd :D

Associate
I have been thinking about getting into Warhammer for a long time. I like the look of Space marines/Blood Angels. It would be my first time painting anything so i dont expect it to be any good. But mainly its for games between a mate and i when lockdown ends.

What kits would people recommend?

Associate
Start collecting boxes are alright value. But in true GW style, newer models tend to be better in-game, but not always. Marines are good balance wise, again mostly but not always.

The new rules are out within a month i expect, along with the new boxset for the main game. So that will be a good purchase. Rules and 2 small forces. I think new style marines and Necrons.

GW paints are quite thick and dry out, but many still like them. I use Vallejo. GW washes and contrast paints are decent. Sprays i use Army Painter as cheaper and last longer. Brushes are user preference again. I try various brands.

The game is great with mates. I've made some good friends through it, but also some right idiots.

Soldato
I have been thinking about getting into Warhammer for a long time. I like the look of Space marines/Blood Angels. It would be my first time painting anything so i dont expect it to be any good. But mainly its for games between a mate and i when lockdown ends.

What kits would people recommend?

The starter kits are good, you get a brush, some paints and the figures. Plus the £5 introduction books come with a figure too.

Soldato
Dunno if anyone's heard (don't see it mentioned) but GW have announced that due to lockdown actually improving their sales they're going to beat this years forecasts so will be returning the money they were given by the government/taxpayer.

Also here's the dud I made in lockdown:

DSC-1616.jpg

Came out quite well I think for a first attempt. The new handle thing is awesome, due to only having one hand I've never been able to paint miniatures as the brush moves them but this makes it much more manageable as you can wedge it with a knee/etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
With everyone being obsessed with the new 40k edition, it feels like Age of Sigmar is definitely on the quiet side, but this week's previews for the Lumineth Realm-Lords are pretty cool!

I've been considering a new army, and have been poised to strike with Ironjawz/Mighty Waaagh, but the Lumineth look awesome - and I'd love to have an army of infantry, bowmen and cavalry with support heroes throughout. And every unit's a wizard!

Back
Top Bottom