Tabletop Warhammer?

Soldato
The nerd rage over the Indomitus farce has been amusing to read :p

Kind of can't blame GW though, apparently they have sold more of Indomitus than they have of 8th edition starter set over the course of all of 8th edition! Another hike for their share price incoming :p

Soldato
A lot of suppliers just weren't ready for it - Goblin Gaming who continued to sell after fulfilling their entire first wave of boxsets due to a systems glitch, others sold out in under 5 minutes, and websites crashing everywhere. That said, there is supposedly a second wave of the boxset coming out in August. The only retailer I use that seems to have handled it well is Dark Sphere. They asked people to register interest on their site in the week before, then randomly selected who got one on the Friday. It's how I got a Sisters of Battle boxset- which I still have - untouched!

It's just such a great value set when you look at the price and number of models in it, it's no wonder to me that it's selling so well. If I played 40k more often, I'd have it!

Associate
Okay, dumb newbie question - a couple of years ago, I bought a starter GW Warhammer 40k Space Marines Interdictor set (3 marines and some excellent paint). These were simply for my son to play as toy soldiers. Since then, I purchased 2nd hand some painted Space Marines, (again for him to play with), but these seem smaller.. Why is this? Just curious as the newer ones were easier to glue and paint than the smaller ones.
Oh, and he has just spotted some large mechs, so that could be a 6th Birthday gift if he is a good boy.. :)

Soldato
Okay, dumb newbie question - a couple of years ago, I bought a starter GW Warhammer 40k Space Marines Interdictor set (3 marines and some excellent paint). These were simply for my son to play as toy soldiers. Since then, I purchased 2nd hand some painted Space Marines, (again for him to play with), but these seem smaller.. Why is this?
Look up Primaris marines - they're newer, and bigger.

Associate
Gah really want to do a necron army and the box set would prob be a good start but I really don't want any of the rest lol

You'll easily sell the other half and make decent money back. Equally on ebay you can pick up one of the forces for about 70 to 80 quid. Which will come down I'd reckon

I got the whole set for 87 quid. Haven't decided if I want to keep it all or will sell some on to recoup the cost of it

Soldato
Just about finished some of the nurgle bods

gw2020p10-1.jpg

gw2020p10-2.jpg

gw2020p10-3.jpg

gw2020p10-4.jpg

Soldato
Belatedly had a second AoS match between myself and @Pookie Bear using my stormcast against his Khorne army.

Early doors it looked although I was on for hiding though I managed to make it respectable before losing.

The Slaughterpriests are, IMO, massively OP in that they can chuck out prayers (spells with another name) with relatively easy success roles for a lot of damage. Before any melee combat 2 Slaughterpriests reduced my 2 sequitor squads to one and two man left respectively with no a ability to stop them :p that early casting put me in a huge hole i was never able to get out of.

Good game though, and already know how to counter those Slaughterpriests for next time, I will ensure they are slaughtered themselves early doors.

As a general point priests in general and their ability to cast extremely useful abilities which are unblockable is pretty nuts especially when they are offensive abilities (d6 mortal wounds on 4+ with a re roll if you fail :p)

Looking forward to game three though :)

Soldato
I've ordered a new desk for myself, so I'm aiming to dust off my old painting gear.

Was thinking of painting myself some of my favourite Blood Angels, to dip my toe.
1st question, what's all this Primaris stuff?
I want to get some plain and boring tactical marines, 5 man squad, but I can't seem to find any?
For colour guides, is the GW painting app still the way to go?
Since my paints getting on a bit, Lahmian Medium should bring them back to life?

Soldato
I've ordered a new desk for myself, so I'm aiming to dust off my old painting gear.

Was thinking of painting myself some of my favourite Blood Angels, to dip my toe.
1st question, what's all this Primaris stuff?
I want to get some plain and boring tactical marines, 5 man squad, but I can't seem to find any?
For colour guides, is the GW painting app still the way to go?
Since my paints getting on a bit, Lahmian Medium should bring them back to life?

I did all my old paints with distilled water. The new starter w40k kits are out this weekend, they look awesome!

Back
Top Bottom