Tablets with phone capability.

Soldato
So that'd be the Galaxy Note 8.0, the Asus FonePad, and I suspect more to come.

So far the reviews of the Asus FonePad can't get over the fact that it looks stupid being held to your face - but seem to have skipped the part where it's a 1280*720 7" tablet with 3G that's likely to retail for £60 less than the Nexus 7 with 3G. And it has a hole for a microSD card.

In some ways I see the Nexus 7 with 3G as a very large phone where they have chosen to disable the calling ability - which may be silly for a thing its size, but if it has a speaker and a mic then why not just allow it?

The Galaxy Note 8.0 at 8" seems sillier still size-wise, but I bet it'll sell well despite being likely to cost rather more.

I just love the idea of picking up loads of the very cheap (if you buy whem from that wet forest) Three SIMs where you get 3Gig to last you 3 months, and just putting a new one in 4x a year. Who needs to sync before leaving home or spend forever looking for free wifi?

Just musing really. Seems lots of these things have popped up in the last day or two - since I broke my Galaxy Note I'm looking for a replacement and my fingers are twitching...

Soldato
OP
The other thing that is interesting, is that these tablets with elements of phone will I presume become eligible for all-you-can-eat data tariffs which, to stop people hammering them for data in tablets, only allow devices that can make/take calls and send/receive texts.

Back
Top Bottom