TACX Bushido T2780

Soldato
Hi all,

I'm looking for a turbo trainer and seen a decent deal (£200) for the TACX Bushido T2780, but worried about the mixed reviews (mainly you either get a good one or it never works) especially since returning will be a faff on.

I was wondering if anyone had experiences (good and bad) of this trainer or if the lottery isn't worth it and there are alternatives out there around the £200 price mark.

Cheers :)

Soldato
I have a Tacx Vortex and as I understand it it’s the same as the Bushido but needs a plug and so far it’s been good for the 600km I’ve done on it. Mine works fine with no issues so far but I really do fancy an upgrade for next winter to a direct drive as these are a little slow to react to changes - not idea, when you get a 30 power ramp and you lose a good few seconds while the turbo catches up.

I actually went for the Vortex over the Bushido due to more negative reports on the Bushido but I paid around 200 earlier this year for it, Bushido would have been more likely at that price.

dod

dod

Soldato
I've got one, fact it works without being plugged in is great. I had a couple of service issues but the Customer services team in Holland were very quick to respond.
Edit: also got a direct drive which I use mostly now

Man of Honour
I bought one recently and I have never had a turbo before. It works flawlessly, was easy to upgrade and calibrate and connects instantly with both the Tacx apps on my phone and Zwift on an AppleTV.

I don't know if it makes any more or less noise than any other tyre-on trainer but I wouldn't class it as noisy.

It was also a bit concerning looking at the reviews, but so far my experience has been great.

Soldato
I had a Vortex for 3-4 years. No issues. Very study, very stable and reliable.

Now using a direct drive (Flux) and just as reliable.

No problems with Tacx, run the lottery but do it from a vendor who'll honour warranty/returns. Halfords are good (10% BC discount) and a physical store. They're also more likely to do a straight swap than look at it/send away for service. I used the same discount on CRC to get a great deal on my Flux - a V1 like mine was a real lottery, but most of those problems should be old news now (unless a vendor is holding onto old stock). The Bushido/Vortex won't have the same issues, they've been around a good number of years more.

Back
Top Bottom