Tagging along

Soldato
Anyone here loathe tagging along? I generally avoid it but if needs must I'll just go along with it.

Just been invited to a birthday meal with the GF, she knows the host and a couple of others but obviously I know no one. Just feels a bit more awkward than usual. It's not exactly like turning up to a busy party.

Caporegime
I used to hate it, but now I just go with it

Why?

I've met quite a few cool people through it, sometimes its awkward, sometimes its boring, but sometimes you have a right good crack, you just don't know which so go to it with an open mind, you've got nothing to lose :)

Caporegime
At the end of the day your GF is there...So hey.

I had to go out every so often with the GF's friends, and as I didn't know them it was strange at first (being the not very talkative type around new people)...But after a few times it was cool.

I had to meet the entire family once all in one go, now that was odd.

Soldato
i used to be wary but now i love it. Guess it's moreso since i had a job where i'd do a lot of travelling and get lumped with some random people. Hey - even if the companies crap you can have a decent meal and a few beers!

Soldato
At the end of the day your GF is there...So hey.

I had to go out every so often with the GF's friends, and as I didn't know them it was strange at first (being the not very talkative type around new people)...But after a few times it was cool.

I had to meet the entire family once all in one go, now that was odd.

This. I'd say its important to get comfortable with your other half's circle of friends. Ive been in a similar situation where Ive been round to the flat of a couple I went to uni with and met their friends; at first I felt a bit odd, but now I'm friends with all of them :)

Soldato

Why?

I've met quite a few cool people through it, sometimes its awkward, sometimes its boring, but sometimes you have a right good crack, you just don't know which so go to it with an open mind, you've got nothing to lose :)

Very true. I used to hate stuff like this, but now meh. You never know who you will end up meeting.

I regret going less than not going usually.

Soldato
/matureness
Be open to opportunities like this - you never know how it may steer your future. End of the day your path will change, if you don't go your path definately won't change.
/end matureness

Be positive :)

Man of Honour
As said previously, used to hate it but now I'm alright with it really. It can still be awkward, but I'm just beyond the point of caring now.

I think it's just something that changes as you grow up.

Associate
This summer was the first time i had ever socialized as i had a fear of meeting new people. Went really well and could say i made 70+ friends (all thanks to tagging along ;))

Soldato
What's the point of being in a relationship if you aren't going to meet your other half's acquaintances and friends? I loved meeting people who are part of my ex's life. At the very least you'll have your gf's company, so what's the worry?

Soldato

Why?

If all else fails...get horrifically drunk. ;)

Back
Top Bottom