1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tagging along

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shifty_uk, 12 Sep 2009.

1. shifty_uk

Capodecina

Anyone here loathe tagging along? I generally avoid it but if needs must I'll just go along with it.

Just been invited to a birthday meal with the GF, she knows the host and a couple of others but obviously I know no one. Just feels a bit more awkward than usual. It's not exactly like turning up to a busy party.

2. GhostlyPea

Mobster

Yeah its not for me, especially as I'm not very good at talking to people that I do not know. If somebody else wants to then fair enough but soemtimes it can be a bit odd

- Pea0n

3. Phate

Caporegime

I used to hate it, but now I just go with it

Why?

I've met quite a few cool people through it, sometimes its awkward, sometimes its boring, but sometimes you have a right good crack, you just don't know which so go to it with an open mind, you've got nothing to lose :)

4. Delvis

Caporegime

At the end of the day your GF is there...So hey.

I had to go out every so often with the GF's friends, and as I didn't know them it was strange at first (being the not very talkative type around new people)...But after a few times it was cool.

I had to meet the entire family once all in one go, now that was odd.

5. buckeejit

Mobster

same

6. NiCkNaMe

Mobster

i used to be wary but now i love it. Guess it's moreso since i had a job where i'd do a lot of travelling and get lumped with some random people. Hey - even if the companies crap you can have a decent meal and a few beers!

7. Conscript

Sgarrista

This. I'd say its important to get comfortable with your other half's circle of friends. Ive been in a similar situation where Ive been round to the flat of a couple I went to uni with and met their friends; at first I felt a bit odd, but now I'm friends with all of them :)

8. Dark_Angel

Capodecina

Very true. I used to hate stuff like this, but now meh. You never know who you will end up meeting.

I regret going less than not going usually.

9. Kennysevenfold

Sgarrista

I try to avoid at all costs aswell.
    Its the making of an awkward night i think, Say your washing your hair? :p

10. Creature

Mobster

I've got a mate moving in party tonight, he's gonna be the only one I know out of about 10 people. All in good fun as I enjoy meeting new people.

11. Oxide™

Mobster

/matureness
    Be open to opportunities like this - you never know how it may steer your future. End of the day your path will change, if you don't go your path definately won't change.
    /end matureness

Be positive :)

12. Zefan

Don

As said previously, used to hate it but now I'm alright with it really. It can still be awkward, but I'm just beyond the point of caring now.

I think it's just something that changes as you grow up.

13. alexakasloth

Sgarrista

It's not something I love doing, sometimes it can be fun, sometimes it can suck, you could go to a party and end up meeting some cool people or they could turn out to be tards.

14. Windle

Capodecina

Go and get drunk and make a tit of yourself.

Odds on it's the last time she'll take you along ;)

15. eyyaz

Wise Guy

This summer was the first time i had ever socialized as i had a fear of meeting new people. Went really well and could say i made 70+ friends (all thanks to tagging along ;))

16. gumbald

Sgarrista

Chance to meet some cool new acquaintances, love it.

17. DB_SamX

Sgarrista

What's the point of being in a relationship if you aren't going to meet your other half's acquaintances and friends? I loved meeting people who are part of my ex's life. At the very least you'll have your gf's company, so what's the worry?

18. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

I enjoy meeting new people so if I'm invited I'm quite happy to tag along. I don't invite myself along though as that's intruding.

19. V4NT0M

Capodecina

Look on the bright side, there's a chance you could meet the love of your life there.

>_>

20. InvaderGIR

Capodecina

If all else fails...get horrifically drunk. ;)