Taking a TV to the states...

Associate
I'm struggling to find anything about whether my TV can do NTSC but I guess that doesn't really matter as I will most likely be using a STB through HDMI. Would there be any complications doing that? I figured it's the same everywhere.

I already have a transformer so no need to worry about that.

Man of Honour
Seriously, you're heading for a minefield taking a UK set to the States. Technically it can all be made to work if you're absolutely bloody-minded about the whole thing.... buy why??? Sell it here where it has some value and buy a new TV over there.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Seriously, you're heading for a minefield taking a UK set to the States. Technically it can all be made to work if you're absolutely bloody-minded about the whole thing.... buy why??? Sell it here where it has some value and buy a new TV over there.

I dont know why you would say this without knowing exactly what model he has?

For example i just checked one of my panasonic plasmas spec sheet, and it accepts 110 through 250v (so no problem there, just cut the plug off and put an american one on) and of course the HDMI inputs etc will still work, that is a universal standard. So no problems using it in the states whatsoever.

Soldato
Its not just the Colour System, its also the voltage!!.. unless you can get a step up transformer to take the US 120v 60hz to the UK 240/250v 50hz the TV won't simply work!!..

Like others have said, Sell it and buy a new one in the US...

Back
Top Bottom