Poll: Taking an 18 month old baby to the pub, in the evening, by yourself and drinking alcohol?

Taking an 18 month old baby to the pub, in the evening, by yourself and drinking alcohol?

• Irresponsible

Votes: 284 65.6%
  • Perfectly fine

Votes: 94 21.7%
  • Pancakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 55 12.7%

• Total voters
Caporegime
OP
what about parents that sit at home and drink a bottle of wine a night? or 4 cans of beer?

are they also incapable of looking after their kids... i know a few that do this..

maybe a bit different if the kid has gone to bed... and perhaps depends a bit on the kid - does he/she sleep through the night at 18 months or will the tipsy parents need to attend to him/her a lot? Are there medical issues etc..

Permabanned
It is irresponsible of the parent to not think of the possible scenarios you are placing your child.

During the evening, it is more likely to be crowded, loud, full of rowdy / aggressive men and self obsessed women, it is no environment for a vulnerable child and as a result, shortsighted by the parent for not seeing the risk.

a fight can break out that can spill onto the child
a person can take the child "as a joke"
beer can spill on them
a pram can take up a lot of space, annoying a lot of careless people

Caporegime
18 way too young. 24 months is the magic number.

Or you could go to any pub with a decent beer garden, not filled with fighting builders and chavs and just enjoy a normal drink in the sun. Like 1000s of normal Brits do every day.

Soldato
Lower class people take them out to the pub

Middle class people stay in with a few bottles of wine

The upper-class...they holiday to Portugal leave the kid at the hotel room and go out and have dinner and drinks with some family friends, then get back and found that the sleeping tablets you gave has an adverse reaction. Fake a robbery and use your connections to obtain media coverage and public sympathy while trying to mourn the loss of your daughter with by setting up charities in her name.

It is irresponsible of the parent to not think of the possible scenarios you are placing your child.

During the evening, it is more likely to be crowded, loud, full of rowdy / aggressive men and self obsessed women, it is no environment for a vulnerable child and as a result, shortsighted by the parent for not seeing the risk.

a fight can break out that can spill onto the child
a person can take the child "as a joke"
beer can spill on them
a pram can take up a lot of space, annoying a lot of careless people

What pubs are you going to?

Have you never been to a local's village or family owned pub?

Not every pub out there is a Spoons or O'Neill. There are plenty of family friendly pubs that simply wont tolerate rowdy behaviour. It is not the fact that alcohol is served there that creates the problems with pubs, it is the dodgy clientele of certain pubs. All your problems listed can be avoided by going to a pub not filled with rowdy knobs on the pull.

Soldato
The upper-class...they holiday to Portugal leave the kid at the hotel room and go out and have dinner and drinks with some family friends, then get back and found that the sleeping tablets you gave has an adverse reaction. Fake a robbery and use your connections to obtain media coverage and public sympathy while trying to mourn the loss of your daughter with by setting up charities in her name.

Naughty :D

do you know the woman you are trying to breast feed from?

Genuine high pitched office giggle

Soldato
I think you also need to ask who of the respondents also have kids, too. I don't see an issue... I've been to the pub with my wife and our baby when she was, well, a baby. It's good to get them used to noise. I wasn't there until closing and we didn't get smashed, so why shouldn't you still be able to do things.

taB

taB

Associate
To me, going to the local with my wee lad, I'm not alone even if I go there as such. At any point we may pop in, from midday until 6pm (after which he will be in bed), there are people who know him by name, interact with him and provide stimulation. Both staff and clientele. He's treated nearly as well as the dog is and certainly better than me. Now pubs are smoke free I see it as a safe, and relatively cheap, way for him to have great interaction with others while also being enjoyable for me. When you weigh up the price of a pint or two against a 30 minute sensory class it comes out very well.

Permabanned
Fine late afternoon/tea time. Gets any later its not really appropriate in most pubs imo.

We took ours to the pub loads in the day time, never got battered but had a few. Now tend to do late afternoon 2 for 1 cocktails and burgers with the kids. :)

Back
Top Bottom