1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Taking an 18 month old baby to the pub, in the evening, by yourself and drinking alcohol?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dowie, 30 Mar 2017.

?

Taking an 18 month old baby to the pub, in the evening, by yourself and drinking alcohol?

1. Irresponsible

284 vote(s)
    65.6%
  2. Perfectly fine

94 vote(s)
    21.7%
  3. Pancakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

55 vote(s)
    12.7%
  1. banja

Wise Guy

What kind of pancakes?

2. Droolinggimp

Mobster

I don't drive so can I still take my lad down the pub?

3. G-MAN2004

Caporegime

[​IMG]

4. ci_newman

Sgarrista

This time of year where the weather is warm and the child can play outside / in the garden, I see no issues at all with going in the evening and having one or two drinks. It would be no different to sitting in your own garden in the summer evenings drinking cider / beer whilst your children play.

I suspect most of the people voting "irresponsible" on here merely hate the thought of having children at the pub in the evening, regardless of whether you are drinking or not.

5. robj20

Capodecina

Having seen two of my nieces prefer to be in the pub rather than be outside playing all because that's the only place their parents take them, mine will never be going anywhere near them except for a pub lunch.

6. Avenged7Fold

Capodecina

Are you sure they don't prefer an indoor activity, like playing ipad/phones as many kids do?

I wouldn't blame the pub if your two nieces are glued to a phone or tablet screen indoors, it is likely the tech that is more appealing than the pub, which is just a comfortable place. I went to the pub quite a bit as a kid and i just played cards, pool (when i was big enough), darts and interacted socially with everyone else there, as well follow the pub cat around

7. Spook187

Sgarrista

How is it chavvy taking the kid to a boozer, Dowie lives in a bubble if you ask me.

8. Avenged7Fold

Capodecina

Does the boozer have real seats or corner sofas?

9. uber soldat

Mobster

This. Its a pub not a creche, too many people treat it as one. If you have to take your delightful offspring out with you take them to McDonald's.

10. dowie

Capo Crimine

I don't think anyone has claimed it is - read the thread title: 18 month infant, taking them alone and drinking alcohol...

well everyone is being asked and according to the poll I'm clearly not

11. theone8181

Soldato

What about if the pub has an indoor kids play area? If said child is happily playing in there is that still not ok to some people?

12. CREATIVE!11

Soldato

Perfectly fine.

As long as you aren't there getting wasted.... sat in sunshine for example enjoying pint or two (as long as no driving), what's the big deal?

13. SuperBOB

Hitman

I take my kids to the pub all the time, they love it and ask to go. I don't see the problem.

14. dowie

Capo Crimine

not if you're drinking and you're the only one in charge of the kid - at 18 months it isn't like you can just leave them out of sight either

15. [email protected]

Capodecina

2-3 pints that would be ok, bit still think I wouldn't

16. Surfer

Capodecina

Very very chavvy

The line must be drawn here! This far no further!
    /picard

17. Spook187

Sgarrista

Exactly, I don't know why so many in this thread are getting their knickers in a twist.

18. Threepwood

Soldato

It's only illegal to have an under 16 in a pub from midnight - 5am, in case anyone was wondering. (they obviously have to be accompanied by an adult at other times)

19. NoobCannon

Soldato

To the pub yes no prob really esp if meeting friends ir theres a play aera.

drinking on ur own with said baby no.

20. Nitefly

Man of Honour

18 month baby by yourself... what if an accident happened... hmm doesn't sound like a great idea, I probably wouldn't.

With company or an older child, crack on.