Poll: Tank or Submarine?

Tank or Submarine?

• Tank

Votes: 107 59.1%
  • Submarine

Votes: 74 40.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
Depends on what type of warfare and what technological capabilities the enemy has. Just look at the Azerbaijan - Armenia conflict last year. Not sure if safe to post this vid, I'll remove if not.

Being on the ground is pretty much a death sentence!

Man of Honour
Hypersonic missiles are fast, however thier manoeuvrability at level is....suspect to say the least, they will have a hard time changing direction at the speeds the Uber Russian/chinese missiles fly at, I for one do not believe thier Uber weapons claims.

While not impossible someone has it working - no one has yet flown a successful combat simulation with them at performance above the upper end capabilities of existing ABMs an attempts to do so have resulted in failures. Tests anywhere near headline speeds have been limited.

After seeing the Syria footage of tanks 'kettling' after being hit, I think i'd take Submarine.

Most of those tanks were poorly utilised and in many cases lacking safety equipment or armour upgrades, etc. one of the most famous videos from Syria of a tank cooking off they were sat in the worst configuration for defence possible.

Being on the ground is pretty much a death sentence!

Been fascinating to see the use of drones to extend the ability to hit stuff beyond normal effective range of the weapon platform as some people used to do many many years ago in Starcraft with the siege tank and science vessel combo.

In this day and age though hopefully on the ground as a supported armoured group you'd have anti-air and anti-drone cover.

Caporegime
I'll take a tank odds are your only fighting vs some people in a desert with ak47s and RPGs

how many tanks got destroyed in combat probably single digit numbers in the last 10 years, we've seen them roll over IEDs like it's just a slap.

I guess Syria, Iraq and Azerbaijan didn't happen?
Dozens destroyed.
Think there were more than single figures destroyed in Ukraine alone.

Man of Honour
Forgot about Yemen! They were abrams as well weren't they?

Yeah though they were export spec and/or older variants with a mixture of inferior "aftermarket" armour or no additional armour at all. The US army spec ones would survive many of the hits which were wrecking the SA Abrams in Yemen.

EDIT: One of the other problems was they'd take a moderate but not disabling hit and the crews would leg it leaving the tank to be destroyed.

Soldato
Tank, I've played Battlefield games enough to know that they always go on fire before exoding so press E and your fine, or just start welding to fix it:cry:. Deffo not a sub though, the thought of drowning/be trapped underwater does not sound fun. I believe when you drown your lungs explode.

Associate
Someone once told me that Submarine crews don't work on a standard 24 hour day when they're under. Instead they do a rotating shift of 6 hours work, 6 hours learning/relaxation and 6 hours sleep. They share a bunk and as soon as someone wakes up and vacates, another guy gets in.

Caporegime
Someone once told me that Submarine crews don't work on a standard 24 hour day when they're under. Instead they do a rotating shift of 6 hours work, 6 hours learning/relaxation and 6 hours sleep. They share a bunk and as soon as someone wakes up and vacates, another guy gets in.
I hope theirs a fapping ban on subs then!

Caporegime
Submarine (drowning > human bbq) but only with an insurance policy revolver (quick way out) , same as spitfire pilots had, but would firearms be allowed in a submarine?
Subs have very small arsenals of weapons. In a disaster I think you’d find it very hard to get hold on one quick enough to top yourself.

One things for sure, there’s not a normal gun in the world that could pierce a sub. Even a .50 would just bounce off

Back
Top Bottom