Poll: Tank or Submarine?

Tank or Submarine?

• Tank

Votes: 107 59.1%
  • Submarine

Votes: 74 40.9%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Subs have very small arsenals of weapons. In a disaster I think you’d find it very hard to get hold on one quick enough to top yourself.

One things for sure, there’s not a normal gun in the world that could pierce a sub. Even a .50 would just bounce off

Advanced AP rounds would eventually get through some subs not sure about all - but not just 1-2 shots.

There is a video somewhere on YT of someone who finally does it from similar composition plate.

Caporegime
I guess Syria, Iraq and Azerbaijan didn't happen?
Dozens destroyed.
Think there were more than single figures destroyed in Ukraine alone.
how many tanks got lost in iraq? wasn't aware we invaded syria or azerbaijan.
if it's not a proper modern up to date tank it doesn't count.

in iraq at the first gulf war the iraq tanks didn't even have as long a range as us and no night vision if I remember correctly, they were basically sitting ducks.

they set all the oil fields on fire thinking the allies couldn't see through smoke etc

The British Challenger tank was the most efficient tank of the Gulf war suffering no losses while destroying approximately 300 Iraqi tanks during combat operations.
Fast scan of wiki doesn't suggest we lost tanks in Afghanistan although people from tank regiments did die whilst repairing vehicles or on patrol in vehicles that aren't tanks.

I'm not counting non UK tanks because I wouldn't be fighting for ukraine or whomever, I'm assuming 99% of this forum are in the UK and would have served in the UK military so it would be a UK tank or sub?

Caporegime
how many tanks got lost in iraq? wasn't aware we invaded syria or azerbaijan.
if it's not a proper modern up to date tank it doesn't count.

in iraq at the first gulf war the iraq tanks didn't even have as long a range as us and no night vision if I remember correctly, they were basically sitting ducks.

they set all the oil fields on fire thinking the allies couldn't see through smoke etc

Fast scan of wiki doesn't suggest we lost tanks in Afghanistan although people from tank regiments did die whilst repairing vehicles or on patrol in vehicles that aren't tanks.

I'm not counting non UK tanks because I wouldn't be fighting for ukraine or whomever, I'm assuming 99% of this forum are in the UK and would have served in the UK military so it would be a UK tank or sub?

You never said british tanks. It wasn't qualified that it was a UK tank or UK sub. It was a tank or a sub.

Soldato
A tank is surely the worst place to reside on the modern battlefield.

Not really, one only needs to look at the success of the merkava /Abrams/ challenger, the merkava especially in built up areas now equipped with active protection has shown it's resilience to even the latest tandem charged weapons.

If they are unsupported, they die easily like anything else in war.

Soldato
I know a guy who drove an APC of some kind through the side of a building during a rescue mission in Afghanistan. Yes there were Terrys inside. Thats a lifetime high point IMO :D

Soldato
Subs have very small arsenals of weapons. In a disaster I think you’d find it very hard to get hold on one quick enough to top yourself.

One things for sure, there’s not a normal gun in the world that could pierce a sub. Even a .50 would just bounce off
what's that based on? if DU rounds can punch through any tank armour known i doubt a sub skin would be much of a challenge.

Caporegime
Tank. If I'm going to die I'd rather be blown to pieces in an instant from a shell hit rather than die an agonising death from drowning.

Pretty much this. I'd rather be blown to bits than drowning to death. The old burning to death is so Hollywood. If a tank shell penetrates and explodes. You are nothing but meaty chunks.

Plus if there was an event arisen that requires me to pick either it would be end of the world stuff so much rather go out having fun.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom