• Tank

Votes: 107 59.1%
  • Submarine

Votes: 74 40.9%

• Total voters
Associate
3353620400000578-0-image-m-111_1461070077413.jpg

Caporegime
Hypersonic missiles are fast, however thier manoeuvrability at level is....suspect to say the least, they will have a hard time changing direction at the speeds the Uber Russian/chinese missiles fly at, I for one do not believe thier Uber weapons claims.
I think there point is they move so fast it's pretty much impossible to intercept them and they reach their target so fast it doesn't really have time to avoid them.

I guess we are all picturing the ones that go into orbit but there's other submarine and ship launched ones although I think they are less than half as fast

Soldato
I think there point is they move so fast it's pretty much impossible to intercept them and they reach their target so fast it doesn't really have time to avoid them.

I guess we are all picturing the ones that go into orbit but there's other submarine and ship launched ones although I think they are less than half as fast

They are flying towards the target so they can be intercepted. Just need to place something in their path and the modern anti air weapons can target and make a cloud of bullets in milliseconds.

Many missiles have to be dumb fired and the guidence system is only activated once they get near the target (like right on top of it), otherwise they get detected. Obviously at hypersonic speeds that makes it hard to hit something moving.

The weapons on the Type-45s can target stuff coming in from low orbit, so you'll never get over the top of it either no matter how fast you launch it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Challenger 2. No fatalities from enemy fire. I believe the worst injury was a gent losing part of his foot after striking a very large IED.

True but the Chally 2 has hardly found it'self on what I would call a modern battlefield against a comparable peer.

I'm aware this is just a bit of fun, but if we've been conscripted then it's safe to say the **** has really hit the fan against someone capable, not people with AK's and left behind Russian mines.

Caporegime
If you fart in a tank, you've nowhere to run...
If the Sub springs a leak from the depths could you swim to the surface before you pass out?

If you fart in a sub you've got nowhere to go! It's literally a tube filled with other people's guffs! At least in a tank you can have a positive pressure atmosphere or even open the hatches.

Soldato
If you fart in a tank, you've nowhere to run...
If the Sub springs a leak from the depths could you swim to the surface before you pass out?

I think the pressure at any reasonable depth would make any worries about whether you could theoretically swim the distance to the surface rather an academic concern.

Tank for me. I have been in a UK sub and a tank.

Neither were very suited to people over 6'0" like me but you can at least get out of a tank more often.

Soldato
True but the Chally 2 has hardly found it'self on what I would call a modern battlefield against a comparable peer.

I'm aware this is just a bit of fun, but if we've been conscripted then it's safe to say the **** has really hit the fan against someone capable, not people with AK's and left behind Russian mines.

Aren't the Abrams and the Leopards the only modern comparable tanks? Possibly the LeClercs too.

Soldato
I don't think we'll ever see a tank vs tank battle again. Whoever gets spotted first will just get taken out from the air.

The Challenger 2 is supposedly still one of the best though and the people I've met who have served on one do like them. The UK did have the best tank at one point which was the Centurion.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't think we'll ever see a tank vs tank battle again. Whoever gets spotted first will just get taken out from the air.

The Challenger 2 is supposedly still one of the best though and the people I've met who have served on one do like them. The UK did have the best tank at one point which was the Centurion.

It's all good when you have air superiority, but when you don't... then the tanks just gained a massive advantage because you put all your eggs in one basket, would appear the UK doesn't value them, but I put that more down to the bean counters looking for easy ways to save money more than anything.

Russia/Ukraine/Israel and indeed the use of heavy armour in Afghanistan have shown they still rule the roost.
Even Syria,once they found out tanks need support!! have found them invaluable in street to street fighting.

Back
Top Bottom