Tasteless advertising . . .

Soldato
OMG the twitter comments.. some believe it's things like that that promote rape culture!!

I am seriously worried for the world when people are so god damn delicate. I don't know a single person that would be offended by that in real life so it must be these social media dwelling ********** (and I hate that term)

Soldato
People are ******* stupid.

It's not sexual harassment at all.

Seriously modern society is ******* dumb and offended at everything, they need there own planet

When did we let these idiots get so much power? I think I prefer society before the internet tbh. Society is full of coddled childish kids. God I wish it was the 90's again. :(

Man of Honour
OMG the twitter comments.. some believe it's things like that that promote rape culture!!

I am seriously worried for the world when people are so god damn delicate. I don't know a single person that would be offended by that in real life so it must be these social media dwelling ********** (and I hate that term)

A grand total of one comment suggested that link! You might have a future in journalism....

Caporegime
Getting mashed out of your face whilst wearing almost nothing on a winters night probably does.
I've seen people on a sweltering hot beach wear more clothes than some of these Newcastle "ladies" students who go out clubbing on a weekend.

I'm not suggesting anyone deserves to be raped or anything of the sort but getting into a state where you can easily be taken advantage of whilst wearing almost nothing certainly doesn't help.

Yet seems to be something these uni students pride themselves on.

Without social media to attention ***** on no one would give this stupid beermat a seconds thought, yet again another non issue to kick up a fuss about and make your self seem important for 5 seconds

Real world problems of the modern age :rolleyes:

Soldato
Getting mashed out of your face whilst wearing almost nothing on a winters night probably does.
I've seen people on a sweltering hot beach wear more clothes than some of these Newcastle "ladies" students who go out clubbing on a weekend.

I'm not suggesting anyone deserves to be raped or anything of the sort but getting into a state where you can easily be taken advantage of whilst wearing almost nothing certainly doesn't help.

I've said the same thing but then you're 'victim blaming'

The problem is, sometimes we should be.

Banks are not paying out on fraud where the victim has basically handed the fraudster their money or details. Is that not victim blaming? or is it common sense, people are responsible for their own actions and the situations they put themselves in.

Yes, you should be able to leave your house and car unlocked without fear of theft, yes you should be able to go and get drunk and go home safely, but that's not the world we live in. We live in a cruel world and you should take steps to protect yourself and not put yourself in harm's way. But you can't point that out to some people because they don't see the world for how it is.

My daughter and son are both under 7 and are both being taught to defend themselves and also to think about the dangers in the things they do.

Associate
:rolleyes:
Students don't go out drinking on weekends. You're describing the local flock of slags. Student nightlife is a hell of a lot tamer than what goes on at the weekend.

Man of Honour
I've said the same thing but then you're 'victim blaming'

The problem is, sometimes we should be.

Banks are not paying out on fraud where the victim has basically handed the fraudster their money or details. Is that not victim blaming? or is it common sense, people are responsible for their own actions and the situations they put themselves in.

Yes, you should be able to leave your house and car unlocked without fear of theft, yes you should be able to go and get drunk and go home safely, but that's not the world we live in. We live in a cruel world and you should take steps to protect yourself and not put yourself in harm's way. But you can't point that out to some people because they don't see the world for how it is.

My daughter and son are both under 7 and are both being taught to defend themselves and also to think about the dangers in the things they do.

What makes you think they don't know how the world really is?

What we see today in terms of anti victim blaming is a direct result of years and years of sexual assault victims being blamed for their assaults. I might be talking nonsense but I've never heard of a time when victims of theft were blamed for being robbed, you might get some helpful advice but never to the extent of the clothes you were wearing, the time you were out, how sober you were etc etc all being scrutinised.

Like a lot of recent 'movements' I think the shift has gone too far to the other side and never addressing the victims behaviour isn't always helpful (I read somewhere that rape victims who partly blame themselves recover better than those who don't at all). But if we're going to focus on the victim or the perpetrator I'd rather throw blame at the perpetrators and encourage more people to address the things that lead to people committing assault.

Caporegime

Another few years going down the current road and social services will be taking kids off parents for that, you're just scaring your children unnecessarily with your prejudicial stories of doom.... don't you know we live in some kind of utopia where nothing bad ever happens and if it does it's 100% not your fault? it's great being an adult 3 year old without a worry in the world. How dare you take your childrens innocence away and teach them about the harsh realities of life which will better prepare them for the future.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom