Tasteless advertising . . .

Caporegime
Someone I know in quite a senior position held a lecture years back and made a BJ joke. Someone wrote to him complaining about it, his first line in his written response was "I am sorry my joke left a bad taste in your mouth". Always tickles me :D.

Soldato
It's a woman, I presume, dribbling toothpaste foam.... how is that tasteless?

Poor old Generation ********** :(

Edit: What!!?! Since when did the team from Battlefield 5's chat censorship take over the job here on OCUK? So the snow-based term used to describe people who get hurty feelings too easily, is on the same level as calling someone a 'see you a day next week, whose letter starts with a "T"', and needs to be starred out?? Wow!

Soldato
Insurance companies have blamed victims for years if the cause of their claim was negligence on their behalf. Leave keys in the car while it's defrosting and you're inside with a brew, it's your fault even if you are the victim. My mate was robbed in Ibiza, drunk and off the beaten track, mugged down an unlit road by 2 lads. "We'll look into it but you really shouldn't have been in that part of town at that time of night by yourself!". Wasn't there a case where an English guy or couple of guys were gunned down in a shady part of LA, lots of people at the time saying it was their own fault for being in that area.

For me, it's less about the blame game and more about everyone taking responsibility for their own actions and in some cases saying, "you know what, I didn't deserve to be attacked but getting so drunk I passed in the back of a taxi was some bad judgement on my part!"

I really struggle with rape scenes in films, it makes my skin crawl to the point I've fast-forwarded past them, it's a horrific crime whether it's males or females being attacked. I know a girl who claimed to be raped twice, both times after a night out where she was on alcohol, coke and god knows what else. She liked to party. I never said it to her but she made herself vulnerable, but also, how did she even know she was and hadn't done it willingly. I'd seen her come on to guys and have to memory of it at work the next day. People argue that if they are that drunk they can't make decisions properly, but that might not stop them. I'm sure we've all been hammered with our partners and gone at it, are we rapists because we were all so drunk we couldn't consent? And if being that drunk you can't consent to sex is a legal argument, why do we hold drink drivers to a higher standard? If you can't say yes to sex you certain can't make sensible decisions regarding getting behind a wheel.

It's such a sensitive topic, and I'm always happy to talk about it but you have to be so careful what you say as people get so defensive, they can't separate emotion from the discussion.

:D
So many cases on woman crying rape when infact they were prpproba all for it when drunk at the time. What if the blokes were drunk too? Can they claim they were raped?? Nope, ofc they would be laughed out of court

Soldato
It's a woman, I presume, dribbling toothpaste foam.... how is that tasteless?

Poor old Generation ********** :(

Edit: What!!?! Since when did the team from Battlefield 5's chat censorship take over the job here on OCUK? So the snow-based term used to describe people who get hurty feelings too easily, is on the same level as calling someone a 'see you a day next week, whose letter starts with a "T"', and needs to be starred out?? Wow!
it's more to do with the fact it is a tedious and overused phrase and virtually every political thread just descended into posts saying lol snow flakes.

Same reason things like quoted for truth and thanks for the info got filtered years ago

Back
Top Bottom