Tattoo after care

Soldato
Hey

Just had my tattoo redone as i had it when i was 16 and have since become much larger with age, so it was redone.

What do you guys and gals who have had many tattoos do after its been done?

I have put the bananthan baby cream stuff on it for now, is that fine?

I want it to heal as good as possible to give the best results, so any advice for me?

Associate
Cream 3 times a day, morning, lunchtime and night. If you can, shower and don't bathe, tattoos don't like to be submerged. Try and keep it out of the sun and when you get to the itchy onion skin stage try not to scratch or pick at it.

Other than that, there's not much you can really do, I have 4 tattoos and using the above advice I've never had any problems.

Edit - when you put the cream on, don't overdo it, saturating the area won't do it any favours, just a thin layer is best I've found.

Last edited:
Associate
Bepanthem and a desk fan. Tried some stuff at lush but didn't rate it so have stuck with what my tattooist recommends.

I also keep it in the fridge so gives a nice cooling effect when applied.

Soldato
OP
It seems to be leaking ink into the cream at the moment.
is this a sign I used too much??

Any tips on how to clean it off without killing myself

Soldato
OP
Ok.
just used a soft microfiber cloth with sopy warm water on and gently wiped it down. Looks very nice.

I have applied a very thin layer now.

people on Internet have
said using hemmaroid cream does wonders as it's also a mild painkiller.
anyone suggest avoiding this advice? I have plenty of that due to err. .. downstairs problems.

Soldato
I used to us a product called 'Tattoo Goo' Seemed to help

This... that is the best stuff.

I am inked a fair bit, and i've used many products. Regular application of the great tin of green goo does wonders.

It allows it to heal naturally, removes the dry soreness and protects well day to day.

Savlon once dry, actually dries the skin out quite badly.

Soldato
Ok.
just used a soft microfiber cloth with sopy warm water on and gently wiped it down. Looks very nice.

I have applied a very thin layer now.

people on Internet have
said using hemmaroid cream does wonders as it's also a mild painkiller.
anyone suggest avoiding this advice? I have plenty of that due to err. .. downstairs problems.

Prep H works well but faces the usual Savlon issues. Have to apply it all day.

Associate
I used to take care of my tattoos religiously. 25 hours of tattooing later, I use moisturiser when I remember. I can honestly not tell any difference.

Just don't pick them and they heal well on their own.

Back
Top Bottom