Tattoo ideas?

Nix

Nix

Soldato
a lot of work there manor!

I think perhaps that's a little much though, however I am more of a fan of "less is more" with tattoos.

Soldato
I did have an idea.

The idea was that I really don't think the English character and the tribal/spiral style really don't mix, and have you considered any other styles? I mean you yourself have insisted you're not a big fan of tribal - are you going to want to look at it in a few years? If you are, go for it, but be sure. What you've said, and the picture you've posted, don't seem to match up.

I was genuinely trying to be helpful.

Have you seen an artist yet? There's really no one better to collaborate on a design with than the artist that will be inking it. They know what works and doesn't.

I think Manor's right as well, you're mighty defensive about this whole deal.

Associate
OP
Mohinder - why couldnt you of just said this from the start? anyhoo, i know it looks tribal, but it really isnt. from any tribal stuff ive seen, this really doesnt look like a similar style.

either way, this is still WIP (please note, this means WORK IN PROGRESS) so changes happen all the time.

i have not seen an artist yet as i would like to do the vast majority of the design myself.

Associate
OP
Nix said:
Because you're a stoner? :p

tad more to it then that, but still, i was trying to point out to Manor, he isnt pyschic (sp).

i mean, if he looked at my mates Moaryi (sp) tattoo, would he instantly "get" it? never. my mate told me what each bit meant, and it took him ages to explain it all.

mohinder - no im not blind, well, only colour blind but meh. really depends on what YOU think tribal is doesnt it? and you didnt write all that jazz to begin with so heh.

Permabanned
Lord Pablo said:
tad more to it then that, but still, i was trying to point out to Manor, he isnt pyschic (sp).

i mean, if he looked at my mates Moaryi (sp) tattoo, would he instantly "get" it? never. my mate told me what each bit meant, and it took him ages to explain it all.

geezuz mate, you like twisting words.

You actually asked;
Lord Pablo said:
... do you truely "get" why anyone has any tattoo? i doubt it.

And why do you think I'm having a pop at you?

Permabanned
manor said:
Here's my back:
back_tattoo.jpg
Have you got a HQ version of your back?

Associate
OP
i know what i said. and you basically replied, yes, i have big tattoos so i understand why anyone gets a tattoo. which you clearly dont as no one can, except the person in question.

did i ever say you were having a pop at me? nope.

Soldato
Lord Pablo said:
i know what i said. and you basically replied, yes, i have big tattoos so i understand why anyone gets a tattoo. which you clearly dont as no one can, except the person in question.

did i ever say you were having a pop at me? nope.

It's almost like you don't want anyone to help unless they agree 100% with what you already want.

If they don't you just bite their head off.

Associate
Your being a prat, drop it, you're in the wrong. From the start you haven't liked what people have said and have been stuck up about any comments.

Personally I just think you should take a look what it looks like when the spiral is thickened with ink. Looks pretty good to me.

Associate
OP
eh? where the heck did you get that from?

some poster has suggested ideas, and im taking them into consideration, thankyou very much.

i havent "bitten" anyones head off. i am simply trying to understand how Manor thinks he can understand everyones reasons for getting their tattoos. i also said that the fact you dont "get" my design was fine, but unless you had some proper constructive ideas for the design in question, there was no real reason to post, not simply saying, i dont like it and i dont get.

Associate
OP
converse_uprise said:
Your being a prat, drop it, you're in the wrong. From the start you haven't liked what people have said and have been stuck up about any comments.

Personally I just think you should take a look what it looks like when the spiral is thickened with ink. Looks pretty good to me.

sorry, but how exactly am i in the wrong? there is no right and wrong in this whole thread?

i have liked peoples ideas, once they realised that the piece is WIP. Nix gave me some suggestions, and so did another chap and i said thankyou, i will give them a try. so try reading all posts before replying.

Soldato
Lord Pablo said:
eh? where the heck did you get that from?

some poster has suggested ideas, and im taking them into consideration, thankyou very much.

i havent "bitten" anyones head off. i am simply trying to understand how Manor thinks he can understand everyones reasons for getting their tattoos. i also said that the fact you dont "get" my design was fine, but unless you had some proper constructive ideas for the design in question, there was no real reason to post, not simply saying, i dont like it and i dont get.

1) I got it from the attitude you're giving everyone.

2) Manor never said he understands everyone's reason for every tattoo. He said he understands why people get tattoos - which he does.

3) I did have a contructive idea, which was to reconsider the tribal aspect of it, as I find it very much ill-fitting with the letter P.

If you want to keep acting like I owe you something for having the honour of posting in your thread, you can poke it. Enjoy your ill-considered tattoo.

Last edited:

Nix

Nix

Soldato
I think the thread may have lost the plot now. You lot should stop arguing and Pablo, don't attack what people are suggesting; they're only suggestions. You've not got anything to prove.

Associate
OP
Manor clearly got the wrong understanding of the word "get" in that case.

Get as in understand, not as in purchasing.

Im not attacking anyone here. Mohinder took several posts to even mention that i should re-consider the tribal aspect, after several posts saying he didnt like it or understand it. I would have thought that from my OP, asking for ideas for the centre piece and ridge detail, it would be clear that i liked the design as a whole.

Yes Mohinder, you might not like tribal, or that it doesnt fit the letter P, but whos getting it inked? and ill-considered? if thats true, do you think i would be asking for ideas on here?

Soldato
Lord Pablo said:
Yes Mohinder, you might not like tribal, or that it doesnt fit the letter P, but whos getting it inked? and ill-considered? if thats true, do you think i would be asking for ideas on here?

I think 90% of people with more than a passing interest in tattoos would consider a big tribal 'P' ill-considered, yes.

The tattooists I know would let out a giant internal sigh of despair when you walked in with that design.

Back
Top Bottom