Technology in the future?

Soldato
We will be able to divide by zero.
An absurd amount has changed in the last 5 years let alone 20 years, most people have already forgotten that we didn't really have smart phones before 2007.

Soldato
:rolleyes:
So because you don't use a piece of technology it has no benefit or is a gimmic.
What an absurd position.

Oh wait they are already using 3d TVs to help surgeons, product devlopment and other industries and will only improve as the technology gets better.

And most people do watch TV and a decent percentage of that group likes 3d.
The biggest problem with 3D ATM is directors abusing the 3D and exaggerating it. With real 3G images projected into the air, you can't really do this. So you get the depth, with out the darkness, without the headaches or eye strain and you head doesn't get confused when the direct does stupid exagerated 3d scenes.
Directors have a lot to arwnser for, for the large group that dislike 3d.

Not really, I was on about a TV. You're talking about displays or monitors, not TVs.

I want to know how you project 'into the air'. You dont, that just your perception.

I already use 3D actually at work. 3 walls and a ceiling in 4k resolution. Augmented reality using iPads to which allow you to move around in the Virtual enviroment and removes certain parts allowing you to see inside something. Photorealistic raster surfaces for light reflections. Anything else you want to guess at whilst your the expert on yet again something else?

Do I want that stuff in my lounge? lol no.

Use a piece of technology.... lol. Always the voice of the consumer Glaucus as you dont seem to know how anything actually works.

Let me guess you will want this technology as the same price as a TV and for no subscription service.

If im sat in the corner of a lounge watching this thing you speak about, do I see a different angle to the subject.... or does the projecting in air allow multiple view points to see the same 'model'. Where do I vent the projecter and system heat out of my lounge without taking up another room for a cooling system and racks? Ah yes we will have nanotechnilogy, graphene chips and quantum computers then wont we. :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
Not really, I was on about a TV. You're talking about displays or monitors, not TVs.

I want to know how you project 'into the air'. You dont, that just your perception.

I already use 3D actually at work. 3 walls and a ceiling in 4k resolution. Augmented reality using iPads to which allow you to move around in the Virtual enviroment and removes certain parts allowing you to see inside something. Photorealistic raster surfaces for light reflections. Anything else you want to guess at whilst your the expert on yet again something else?

Do I want that stuff in my lounge? lol no.

Use a piece of technology.... lol. Always the voice of the consumer Glaucus as you dont seem to know how anything actually works.

Let me guess you will want this technology as the same price as a TV and for no subscription service.

If im sat in the corner of a lounge watching this thing you speak about, do I see a different angle to the subject.... or does the projecting in air allow multiple view points to see the same 'model'. Where do I vent the projecter and system heat out of my lounge without taking up another room for a cooling system and racks? Ah yes we will have nanotechnilogy, graphene chips and quantum computers then wont we. :rolleyes:

What are you on about,
Great you don't want it, other people do and would.
Technology is epensive then comes down in price, so if it goes to production say 2020 for comercial, it probably would be consumer price by 2030.

No it's not my perception, it uses laser to create plasma in the air, hence it projects into thin air. Or do you want a link to how it works. I don't need to I've you a thousand page report on the fine details in such a thread.

You last part is half hyperbole and half back to the so you don't want it which means no one will want it or use it. On such things you would see a different angle, this isn't an issue for many people, but would be an issue for others. So it again comes back to choice.

Soldato
And lol at your gimmick comment.

So a "physical" 3d image suspended in air, would offer no improvement over normal tv.

Nope. Given that you'll have a couple of foot depth at best? I'd much rather take a high-defenition (say 8K or higher) or higher 2D picture than have the image in 3D.

If they could project the image holodeck style (but obviously without the interaction) so it was big then yes that would be good but most people would never have the space for that.

Soldato
The biggest problem with 3D ATM is directors abusing the 3D and exaggerating it. With real 3D images projected into the air, you can't really do this. So you get the depth, with out the darkness, without the headaches or eye strain and you head doesn't get confused.

How big is your 'in the air' device? Because if I isn't big enough to give a proper sense of depth them the picture is going to look less Hollywood and more model village.

The human eye and brain is very sophisticated and isn't going to be fooled by such a device. All you'll have is the suspension of belief broken as the set ends up looking like a model.

Glasses free technology like that used in the 3DS will be the next development (as is already being worked on) but it still does nothing for the movie experience.

Man of Honour
What like normal tv and normal 3d look Lego sized? It's lasers so you are restricted. By two things laser power and the amount of room you have.
Anyway I'm not going to argue to death in this thread, it's only a prediction thread and those are my predictions.

Soldato
Oh wow. Glaucus, is it a hobby of yours to try and forcibly educate people on things you don't understand? Then get angry and button mash your iPad in a fit of rage when some one disagrees with you, resulting in a post that is about 10% comprehensible?

Man of Honour
Oh wow. Glaucus, is it a hobby of yours to try and forcibly educate people on things you don't understand? Then get angry and button mash your iPad in a fit of rage when some one disagrees with you, resulting in a post that is about 10% comprehensible?

I'm not angry and I'm not mashing my iPad. So try again.
And what don't I understand?
I'm just stating I want carry on like I do in some threads.

Soldato
No Idea.

I'm not really looking forward to 2030 (not specifically that year but just generally the future)

I really hope someone finds billions of gallons of Oil otherwise we may be stuffed by 2050.

Man of Honour
^^^
It depends when used well it works very well, but most directors use it extremely badly. Promethus in several scenes shows how it should be used.

No Idea.

I'm not really looking forward to 2030 (not specifically that year but just generally the future)

I really hope someone finds billions of gallons of Oil otherwise we may be stuffed by 2050.

You might want to read up on the EU 2050 energy road map. We will be on are way to going electric by 2030.

Soldato
Rail guns and laser weapons will revolutionise naval warfare.

In particular I expect to see a Goalkeeper type laser weapon, similar to the current Phalanx systems we have in place, able of dealing with supersonic and maybe even ballistic threats.

Man I turn myself on when I talk like that.

Soldato

Atlast someone who agrees.

We evidently don't need laser air projection for the clarity of the posts!

Back
Top Bottom