Technology in the future?

Associate
The 3 seashells hits the market to much confusion.

The UK begins construction of its first nuclear powerstation in over 40 years.

A permanent lunar base is established. China sets its gaze on it's next target, Mars.

I look back on my life and wonder what the hell I've been doing, all this time wasted. Thankfully I'll have 60 more years of healthy life (due to advancements in aging technologies) to rectify that (fingers crossed).

Rail guns and laser weapons will revolutionise naval warfare.

In particular I expect to see a Goalkeeper type laser weapon, similar to the current Phalanx systems we have in place, able of dealing with supersonic and maybe even ballistic threats.

Man I turn myself on when I talk like that.

I reckon rail guns will be deployed well before 2030, and maybe able to deal with both those types of threats too at some stage.

Soldato
Glasses free technology like that used in the 3DS will be the next development (as is already being worked on) but it still does nothing for the movie experience.

God I hope not, I can only 'do' 3D on the 3DS for about 5% of the time, the rest of the time it just looks like a blurry mess.

I'll stare for a minute or so at the screen before my eyes finally adjust and see a 3D image, I then move my hands a nano-metre and it's gone again.

Could never do those magic eye posters either, dunno what it is but my brain seems too smart to be 'tricked' by optical illusions :D.

Soldato
GTA will have grass density similar to that in the African Savannah. But only on one console.

In all seriousness, laser lighting for cars. More sub-atomic discoveries and some other bits and pieces. Mars dust, then nothing too amazing/interesting/4th gen One Direction.

Caporegime
.... and we'll be waiting for the release of Windows 33.

No, after Windows 10 I hear they are going to skip straight to Windows 100.

On a more serious note... Automated taxis will start appearing on Londons streets. Tap your credit/debit card and say where you want to go and it will take you with no human input.

Associate
We should just about have a release of the most expensive computer game known to mankind, Star Citizen.

With its new crowd funding goal of producing a space station above the earth for people to practice space docking.

Soldato
2030, so fifteen years from now. You have to look back to what we had in 2000

My guesses,

Faster Internet, and everything that brings
Faster Wireless so network, video, audio cables will be completely gone
IPTV
Full speech recognition and digital personal assistants which actually work
Seemless integration between devices, IOT will connect everything
3D Printing will help people produce devices there and then and will be much more popular than it is today

I think AR will be big within the next 15 years. Say it takes off as v1 in the next five years, that gives it an extra 10 to get good. Could replace TVs and Landlines and the world will feel a much smaller place than it does today.

What we could end up seeing is a world where you are at work and simply say, Hey Sarah what are my options for dinner tonight. Your personal assistance connects to your IOT devices and creates a list of every meal you could have based on what ingredients are in your kitchen. If you are missing one, it connects to your local supermarkets and comes back with the quickest route to the cheapest item on your way home. It could also warm up the oven for when you get home.

and I'll throw something out there......360 degree Movies!

PRODPIC-473.jpg

surfacepro3-100269421-large.jpg

win10_holoLens_livingRoom_web.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom