Technology in the future?

Permabanned
3d holographic communication platforms like star wars.
Remote controlled humanoid robots as well as humanoid house robots, essentially robotic humanoid slaves.
Self driving cars
multiple sense virtual reality, tapped directly in to the synapse
cyborgnetics upgradable body parts. run fast, see further etc.

Soldato
:D:D:D in the next 15 years?

Holodeck? In some form, but not as impressive as in film
Humanoid house robots? In the lab maybe, not commercially
Self Driving Cars? Yes, they'll be mainstream in that time frame
Direct brain to computer interfaces? Yup, Multiple senses? Depends on definintion, vision will probably still be via the eyeball, but a sense of touch directly into the brain isn't far fetched, and is actively being worked on in order to help amputees. Virtual reality? Possible, but would require too many man hours of coding per environment to be widespread.
Cybernetic upgradeable body parts? Yes, we are starting to see this already in its earliest forms.

Soldato
Remote controlled humanoid robots as well as humanoid house robots, essentially robotic humanoid slaves.

We've been through this before, if you think you're going to have humanoid robots in the next 15 years you're delusional. Technology is much further off then people think. It'll be more like 50-70 years and and robots that actually look convincingly human won't happen for 100-120 years

Permabanned
We've been through this before, if you think you're going to have humanoid robots in the next 15 years you're delusional. Technology is much further off then people think. It'll be more like 50-70 years and and robots that actually look convincingly human won't happen for 100-120 years

They said the same thing about mobile phones and computers.

Soldato
trying to predict what technology will be like further than 10 year never works out. In the 80s people thought we would have robots and hover boards by now, but nobody saw smart phones, tablets etc coming!

Soldato
I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Whoever invents a working cartoon-esque Boxing Glove on a Spring that bursts out of a monitor/screen at the push of a remote button over the Internet to punch people who **** you off or just deserve a punch will be the next multi-Billionaire.

Permabanned
In terms of PC .

I think 1tb RAM will come out and 20tb+ solid state drives. I also hope for fanless chips and self cooling cases that don't need water cooling they just self regulate their own temps.

I think when ram goes to 1tb it will change the way computers are designed and a lot of stuff will sit in ram, rather than the disks improving performance.

Soldato
In terms of PC .

I think 1tb RAM will come out and 20tb+ solid state drives. I also hope for fanless chips and self cooling cases that don't need water cooling they just self regulate their own temps.

I think when ram goes to 1tb it will change the way computers are designed and a lot of stuff will sit in ram, rather than the disks improving performance.

Cloud computing will take off

Soldato
PC's will be obsolete as we know them.

They will be so small they will be integrated into the human brain.
You will hardly need to think as you ask yourself the question the computer will search for the answer on the internet with a superfast connection and display the answer to you faster than you could ever work it out.

:D

Imagine that, but the search engine is google, and companies pay to provide their product as the answer to your question directly into your brain. That's more likely.

Soldato
They said the same thing about mobile phones and computers.

We're talking about physical attributes that are at the moment very very hard to copy, even something simple like standing up requires balance which in turn requires masses of data for gyros per second. we'll see something workable in the next 20 years but it won't be practical and cost effective and durable for other 50. And a synthetic human will require breakthroughs in robotics that we not even close to right now.

Back
Top Bottom