1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Telewest: The only place to watch ALL Worldcup games in HD!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema & Hi-Fi' started by MouseMat2004, 15 May 2006.

1. MouseMat2004

Mobster

2. Goatboy

Man of Honour

Fantastic, since I watch nothing other than football I was reluctant to pay out for the HD box with only half the games in HD so that's me sold.

3. da_mic_1530

Sgarrista

all i want is too watch games in HD, i dont have telewest, i cant get SKY HD due to cost, im not buying the £300 recevier and dish, is it possible and legal to watch internet streams from abroad?

/derails thread

4. Goatboy

Man of Honour

If you've got an internet connection that lets you stream HD I'd love to know about it.

Only way to get it in HD without forking out for equipment is to go to another country that is more advanced with HD (plenty of them).

5. norm

Soldato

6. Tesla

Capodecina

All 64 games for €64! That's good value for money.

However, I thought HD receivers started around the £300 mark?

7. englishpremier

Sgarrista

you can buy an 85m dish and lnb for lass than £25 on ebay, to save money on a reciever, (though they don't cost the earth anyhow) you buy a skystar2 PCI card and use your computer as a receiver. :D

however to watch encrypted channels 'legally' you would need a cam, which usually involves a slightly more expensive card.

either way its cheaper than sky, and you have the choice of the whole of europe, just point your dish at the satallite you want to recieve from etc..

8. norm

Soldato

9. Oops Dead Again

Hitman

I don't have much choice, there's no cable in my area so its Sky HD for me.

10. peahead

Mobster

Ive just ordered tvdrive today got a install date of 31may just intime for the world cup. :D

11. FrankJH

Capodecina

so ntl are also able to broadcast the BBC hidef matches?

12. Tesla

Capodecina

Thanks, I am aware of the components which go to make up a Satellite system and how they work. The point I was making is that a HD sat receiver is not much cheaper or really any cheaper than SKy HD receiver (remembering SKyHD is a PVR too).

We are discussing the alternatives too...

13. FrankJH

Capodecina

telewest havent cabled central London grrrrrrrrrrrr

14. nero120

Soldato

I know, and my gf isnt allowed to install a dish on her building so theres not much that can be done.

I still cant believe we are so behind the times here! After all the tax we pay and the amount people spend her, we are behind other countries in terms of services available! We should have had HD long ago. :(

15. norm

Soldato

Reception to 28E (Sky's satellite) will work from behind a window in most cases providing the window isn't metallic.

You can also get transparent PVC dishes which look a lot less conspicuous.

16. Tesla

Capodecina

I had a chap call me to align a dish which looks like a light apparently, he has a listed building.

17. Goatboy

Man of Honour

I called up today to order a TV drive, got the earliest installation they had - June 9th between 1 and 6pm!! Couldn't be cutting it any finer for the start of the world cup.

18. WIBSBOT

Hitman

I have TVDrive - just need a High-def TV now. Now I have to make some decisions.

19. LeoWyatt

Wise Guy

How you finding TV Drive good? We're getting it next Tuesday, just need to sort the TV.

20. WIBSBOT

Hitman

Had quite a few problems with it so far, part-recorded programs being the most annoying one so far. Although it has improved slightly in the last month or so. When's it 100% reliable then I'll stop recording stuff onto my harddisk/dvd player as well as TV Drive.

I suspect that its teething trouble and alot of the problems will get sorted out but it is a tad annoying if you record something to find out the last 10 mins hasn't been recorded. :mad: