Temp files after accessing server file?

Caporegime
Hello all

Juist been asked an odd question...

If you have accessed a file on a server, a word file or something (while at work for instance) However, you did not save it onto the local computer (Your PC) but you saved it back onto the server....

Would there be, a temporary file of somsort or anything? In order for you to be able to open that file up again while at home?

I am guessing no....Unless you had some sort of program running in the background of your system, like shadowcopy or something.

Thank you for any input :)

Soldato
Generally the answer would be no unless you had something like folder synchronization enabled, in which case you'd be able to see the files as they were.

If you wanted to get really nitty gritty I suppose if you had, for example, a Word document open long enough it would autosave to a temp directory on the local drive which you could look for. To be honest though it would be a pain to find and I'm not even sure it would work properly.

Soldato
I actually meant to say "Offline Files" but the point still stands, if it was configured this way then they would see the files on their desktop and/or folders even though they are disconnected from the network. When they next connected the folder synchronization would kick in and sync the files back to the server.

Back
Top Bottom