1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Temp Sub Forum Request - Election 2010

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JBod, 23 Apr 2010.

1. JBod

Soldato

Hi good Dons - is it possible we could have a temporary sub-forum for the Election? Rather than confining discussion to a couple of mammoth threads it would enable a bigger - more open discussion of all the parties, their policies/manifestos etc?

If everyone things it is a rubbish idea I'll shut up :p

2. bmi92

Hitman

Seems like a good idea to me to be honest.

3. apeZ

Mobster

It's only a couple more weeks then it'll all blow over, not really worthy of a subforum imo :p

4. JBod

Soldato

It is the biggest/most important thing happening for UK citizens this year as well as probably one of the most closely contested and critical elections for decades... I think it will generate a lot of discussion.

5. Destination

Capodecina

You think it might? really?
    Not that it already has?
    We've got lots of threads, and more will pop up no doubt, but 2 weeks and there won't be much mud left to sling.

6. JBod

Soldato

That is why its temporary :p Its not like people will force you in there to post/vote.

7. G-MAN2004

Caporegime

Good idea really. At least it will stop stockhausen clogging up the forum with his crap.

8. Stupot_

Mobster

^haha was gonna say that! Can you limit his posts so he can only post in that forum too?!

9. SideWinder

Consigliere

Just texted my Mum and she said "No".

10. Berserker

Man of Honour

There's often some hot topic or other that seems to warrant a sub-forum of its own at the time. Like all the rest, it'll blow over in due course.

11. jas72

Capodecina

just don't go into the threads. Although it seems like a lot of OT thread hijacking is going on these days. Actually it is a good thing that young people in these forums are interested in what's going on as apathy can lead to the extremists getting into power. Something none of us want.

12. Cosimo

Man of Honour

It happens once in a blue moon and has an impact on all of our lives whether we like it or not. We have a free and open society and people need to air their views and not have them hidden away in some nook and cranny. You don’t have to read the threads, it’s very easy to ignore them.

13. JBod

Soldato

You misunderstand :p I dont want to hide them, I want it so I can post more useful election topic specific threads without filling up GD and upsetting others.

14. apeZ

Mobster

Go ahead and fill GD up, people won't mind. There's enough crap here as it is :)