Temperature help.

Soldato
When starting the car the temperature light comes on and for 500-600m of driving the temperature goes right up. Then light goes off and temperature comes right down again. Car is a Sierra 2.3d estate '87.

This happens intermittently, im guessing its the water pump not starting up as when the car is running its fine. Anyone else have any suggestions, im guessing Lopez would be the best guy to ask, but feel free to chime in!

All those who want to bash the car, sod orf it needs to last me until July/Sept when i get my work bonus and should have enough saved to buy a decent car!

Soldato
Sounds like a faulty temperature sensor or voltage regulator. Is the fuel gauge stable or does that do weird things too? If the fuel gauge is ok then its more than likely the temperature sensor.

Soldato
OP
Sputnik II said:
Sounds like a faulty temperature sensor or voltage regulator. Is the fuel gauge stable or does that do weird things too? If the fuel gauge is ok then its more than likely the temperature sensor.
Fuel gauge reads correct, all the way through the range. Its funny how it only does it when started though and not intermittently was all i thought.

Back
Top Bottom