1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Temps for AM2 X2 3800+

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Aidoscuz, 15 Jul 2006.

1. Aidoscuz

Hitman

I'm starting to overclock my AM2 X2 3800+, and I'm just wondering what kind of temps I should be getting. I've overclocked it to 2.5GHz at 1.45 volts so far. At the moment I'm running SuperPi 32M on both cores, and speedfan is reporting 52 degrees for temp 1 and 44 degrees for temp 2. Which of these temps is more likely to be the correct one? I'm using a Zalman CNPS9500 AM2 at full speed so I'm thinking I should be getting pretty good temps.

Also, what would be considered the highest safe temps for the 3800+?

Thanks

2. FreeStream

Capodecina

Temp 1 = CPU and temp 2 = chipset/PWM etc.

Anything under 60C is okay, try to keep it under 55C tho.

What cooler? As 55C @ 2.5 @ 1.45 is hot, I had one at [email protected] load @ 2.5/1.595V and t was only 51C, this is with a XP-120. :)

3. Mr Mister

PermaBanned

id say 44C would be cpu. Which one goes up quickest when you load up the cpu? Whichever it is will be the cpu.

4. Zefan

Don

You sure your mobo is giving you the temps correctly?

5. Aidoscuz

Hitman

Temp 1 goes up quicker, I'd say it's the CPU. Temp 2 doesn't change much between idle and load, only a couple of degrees. I would have thought the Zalman 9500 would be keeping things cooler though, especially since I'm using AS5 with it. I'm running Prime95 @ 2.6 at the moment and it's hitting 56 degrees so I probably won't be able to go too much further.

Should I try re-seating the cooler or something? Prime's been running fine for the last hour so I might try upping it to 2.7GHz and see what happens. Are there any other temperature monitors I should try? By the way, the BIOS reports the idle temps as around 42 to 44 for the CPU which seems high to me.

6. Aidoscuz

Hitman

I've tried out a few different temperature monitors and they're all giving me the same results, about 60 degrees at 2.65GHz and 1.5v. I suppose there's not much I can do about it, I'll leave it at that speed and maybe I'll try it again when the weather cools down :)

One more thing, Speedfan is reporting temp3 as 125C, which sounds scarily high to me :eek: Is it misreading something or should I be getting worried?

7. .::lawrywild::.

Hitman

misread

8. poltergeist666

Gangster

If you want a program that provides the temp of both cores individually - try "Core Temp".

Download it here