Temps on 2 same cpus

Associate
Hi, I have 2 same mainboards(abits ix38) and cpus(q9650) both use same thermal paste AS5, difference is in cooling. No one has vid 1.25v and thermaltake big typhon vx (old cooler) and secend vid 1.275v is cooled by thermalright macho rev.A (BW) both cpus are undervolt to 1.05V. Thing is that this coolled by TT Big typhoon(vid 1.25) has lower temps.
When they are overclocked to 4Ghz difference under load is like 6C. For sure everything is mounted good.
IS this difference because of cpus or this old TT big typhoon is better ?

Soldato
You haven't mentioned what the case, fans, fan profiles and environment are for either. Those will all impact cooling. Is the load the same on them? It's not clear what voltage you're actually running them at.

Chips vary from sample to sample, so it's highly likely there is a difference in silicon between your chips. But other than all those factors, yes I would expect two different coolers to perform differently. I bet they sound different too, so there's a relationship to consider as well.

Associate
OP
Both cases are open, environment temps are close 23-25C ambient, for normal use both cpus are undervolted to 1.05v@3Ghz when gaming 1.3v@4Ghz.
And this cpu with vid 1.25 and tt big typhoon(lapped) is cooler so i wonder if this difference is because of cpu or this old big typhoon is so good. On typhoon even fan speed is max around 1k rpm (120mm) when macho lossing even at max speed 1300+. To test stress I am using prime95 and to monitor temps real temp, core temp, uguru.

Associate
if your using different coolers and everything else is the same its probably safe to say its the cooler thats making the difference

Associate
OP
Maybe, but cpus are different vid 1.25v vs 1.275. And if just difference is because of coolers this means old tt big typhoon is better than most popular thermalright macho.

Soldato
if your using different coolers and everything else is the same its probably safe to say its the cooler thats making the difference

This.
Also idle temps aren't such a big deal as long as they are reasonable and fan noise is low.

It's load temps you want to be focused on.

Associate
OP
I know that's what i am testing when is overclocked at 4Ghz on cpu cooled by macho temp is higher by 6. I am surprised that so old cooler working better than macho with 140mm fan. Or its just cpu that's so hot.

Associate
OP
Yes i know but is too much work 1 pc is inside of tt soprano old case i would need take out all... So for now need be like this just i am surprised that so old cooler working so good. This Termalright macho is 1 of most popular ac for new systems.

Back
Top Bottom