Terminator: Dark Fate

Soldato
At £12.50-15.00 per ticket I think I'll wait on some trusted reviews before I even consider that option. Cinema is great but it's just too expensive nowadays. I haven't been for years except when I get hugely discounted tickets via things like Living Social (£9 for 2 tickets).

Soldato
Or, go and see it yourself and make up your own mind? Mind blowing concept i know! :eek::p

I've got better things to do with my time and money than to encourage Hollywood to keep making crappy sequels by going to see every bit of dross they put out. If people I trust want to see it and say it's good, then I can invest my time, if not, it can wait till it's free to air.

By falling into the old "pay the money and make up your own mind" trap, all you're doing is exactly what they want - giving them your money before you know if it's worth precious hours of your life that you'll never get back.

Soldato
I've got better things to do with my time and money than to encourage Hollywood to keep making crappy sequels by going to see every bit of dross they put out. If people I trust want to see it and say it's good, then I can invest my time, if not, it can wait till it's free to air.

By falling into the old "pay the money and make up your own mind" trap, all you're doing is exactly what they want - giving them your money before you know if it's worth precious hours of your life that you'll never get back.

This exactly.

I don't bother rushing out to see movies anymore for this very reason.

They are mostly a let down these days.

Soldato
I gave up on terminator a fair while ago but out of interest how come it's getting handed over to a woman, I thought the whole thing was about John Connor?

Is it, another, alternate story with no John Connor or something?

Associate
The answer is a very large and potentially film spoiling "SPOILER" so only open this if you want to ruin the film's surprises -

"Carl" is a a new terminator sent back to just after T2 times at the start of the new film and he does eventually Kill John Connor. Once his "mission" is over and JC is dead, he has no further commands to follow so he effectively "retires" and after a few decades to adjust, becomes "Carl", a lone backwoods man at peace with humans - Like I said, it's garbage!

I gave up on terminator a fair while ago but out of interest how come it's getting handed over to a woman, I thought the whole thing was about John Connor?

Is it, another, alternate story with no John Connor or something?
Check out ianh quote that i've quoted for a potential spoiler if its true and if it is true then its utter BS and it's just another excuse of altering the lore for one timeline.

Man of Honour
At £12.50-15.00 per ticket I think I'll wait on some trusted reviews before I even consider that option. Cinema is great but it's just too expensive nowadays. I haven't been for years except when I get hugely discounted tickets via things like Living Social (£9 for 2 tickets).

It's a night out.. beats sitting in.. If you [when I say you, I don't mean you personally, but everyone in general] were to think this way over everything, you'd never do anything.. and what a boring life.

Caporegime
OP
Check out ianh quote that i've quoted for a potential spoiler if its true and if it is true then its utter BS and it's just another excuse of altering the lore for one timeline.

Well lets face it, its a series of movies based around time travel that never really made much sense. Think about this, in Terminator 1 the movie ends with the Terminator getting crushed and that ends up being how the Terminators get created with Cyberdyne reverse engineering their own future tech from the crushed Terminator, so if it needed to be sent back through time to be created in the first place how was it ever in the future to begin with?

The loss of one character really makes little to no difference, if you're bunging time travel into the equation this could easily be rectified in future movies, i think the loss of that one character is probably a temporary thing, assuming this movie is a success.

Soldato

Yeah sounds rubbish :p

Think I'll keep my "can't be bothered with terminator" approach up and maybe, maybe watch it at some point on sky/Netflix/Amazon or whatever it appears on in the future.

Caporegime
Re-watched 'The Terminator' on Sunday night and re-watching T2 (4k) tonight in the hopes that this is well reviewed.

Odeon limitless card means I'm likely to go anyway, even if it's average.

Caporegime
Reviews are certainly better than I expected, the ones I have seen so far are saying it's the best of the lot post T2 (which to be fair isn't a particularly high bar).

Back
Top Bottom