Terminator franchise reboot

V F

V F

Soldato
I must be in the minority as i thought Salvation was pretty good, i honestly dont understand the hate it gets compared to T3 which i thought was a comedy skit of T2!

The strange thing is, I always associate Terminator Salvation with the video game: Enemy Territory Quake Wars. It has the same sandy, gritty atmosphere. Everything looks deserted and/or chalky.

Soldato
T3 felt like a pointless film but it at least went with the dark ending. Salvation was just... I've rarely wanted to walk out of the cinema but it had so many ******-sized plot holes and things that made absolutely zero sense, way beyond any suspension of disbelief - how the script made it all the way to screen I'll never know.

Caporegime
Actually looks interesting now, though it did massively spoil a large part of the movie...I'm guessing they seen the "meh" feedback so far and had to do something to get interest going for it.

Soldato
So now not only does it look ****, it looks **** and I know everything that will happen, great way to put the final nail in the coffin with regard to me going to watch it! :p

Soldato
Well having just seen some of the early reviews, couldn't help but laugh. Trailers looked ****, and the film looks like it delivers.

Maybe if this does badly enough, we will be spared the planned 2nd and 3rd films.

Soldato
Maybe if this does badly enough, we will be spared the planned 2nd and 3rd films.

Sadly it'll do really well due to the hype, regardless of how good, but more likely bad, it really is.

Unfortunately I think the ability to tell a good story has virtually died out in mainstream Hollywood nowadays, it's all about "just do some talking or something so we can get to the next set piece".

It'd be nice to have a screenwriter take his idea outside to a "normal" person to get a common sense check done on it before the studio OK'd it, but that will never happen.

Caporegime
Reading some interviews, apparently the big spoiler that was included in the later trailers was something that the writers and director and a lot of people behind the scenes weren't happy about. Seems like Paramount seen the lukewarm reaction to the earlier trailers and cut one with that in it to generate some interest even though its obviously a key point in the movie.

To me it seems like they shot themselves in the foot, i think keeping that a secret and letting word of mouth spread thee word would have generated far more interest in people wanting to see it for themselves.

Soldato
Same principle as Jurassic World for me, i'm going to go in with low expectations not expecting much but will watch it anyway cos you know...Terminators right :D

Plus I don't pay per movie as I have an unlimited card with cineworld ;)

Back
Top Bottom