Terrible Performance in Destiny 2?

Associate
Hey Folks so Basically ive been getting really bad performance in Destiny 2 ive had to send back my RX 580 due to the Fan's being to noisy but basically i was getting around 90-100fps at 2560x1080 on the Lowest settings as you can see by the picture below and i feel it should be performing better i have my old HD 7850 2GB installed atm and getting around 40 fps with the same settings do you think a fresh Install of the game would help ive seen Benchmarks with a rx 580 on the Highest settings at 1920x1080 which hits around 90 fps so would have thought on the Lowest settings but 20% or so greater resolution should be able to hit 144hz?

any help is greatly appreciated

PwTPNYv.jpg

Soldato
Reinstalling the game will not make a difference to the performance of the game. I think the only problem here is with your expectations - lowering quality settings will of course give some additional performance in terms of frames per second but never, in my experience, the sort of difference you are asking for here which is 60+ FPS! I imagine if you turn your settings up to high then you'll likely be getting around 75+ FPS at 2560x1080 which will look fantastic and be buttery smooth anyway?

Soldato
Resolution increases are normally one of the most demanding things and noticeably impact fps. I've not messed around all that much with d2 as could max it, however sometimes in games there's not a huge difference in performance between the highest and lowest settings.

Have you checked your clocks whilst game is running etc?

Soldato
That performance is about right for your card. Looking at a few benchmarks that I can find at 1920x1080 they struggle to maintain 60fps in highest settings so with the large increase in resolution I can see why your having to run on lower settings.

It’s pereference as to what you want I’m guessing your more interested in the smooth experience over graphics, if so I don’t see anything getting better than it currently is without overclocking/upgrading.

Sorry if that’s not what you wanted to hear

Back
Top Bottom