Terry Makes FIFA World Cup Squad

Associate
Some of the selections seemed to be have been based more on player name reputation then whether they've had a good world cup or not.

Considering Podolski was selected Young player of the tournament and the fact he's had a better one then most of those strikers you'd expect him to be in the team.

Also, the likes of Zidane, Vieria and Henry were all pretty poor until the Brazil game. And they didn't exactly play superb against the Portuguese either yet it seems to be enough to get in this squad. Yet the likes of Marquez, Appiah and Podolski are all left out. The same could be said of Totti he was again poor until the quarters.

Man of Honour
LOL, how can Willy Sagnol not be in there, he's been the best player of the tournament for me.

Meanwhile the likes of Ze Roberto are included. I'd also take Torres over Henry (based on the WC).

Soldato
Tony Soprano said:
What baffles me more is Henry is there. :confused: Why?

He hasn't shown his Arsenal form but he has scored three goals, won a penalty that won them the semi final and won a freekick that won them the match against Spain. Not bad for a player who is having a bad world cup

This squad isn't very good though, not suprising though....

Caporegime
Ferdinand (much like in 2002) was head and shoulders better than his defensive partner and both times the other person was put in the WC Squad.

Campbell in 2002 and Terry in 2006.

Soldato
Don't know about Terry and not sure about Totti either. Totti is just getting to full match fitness and had a very good games against Germany. Terry made some serious blunders but got away with them but made amends too.
I think Ze Roberto was Brazil's best player this WC, he was always up there and the goal against Japan just shows some of the skill he has.

Permabanned
NokkonWud said:
Ferdinand (much like in 2002) was head and shoulders better than his defensive partner and both times the other person was put in the WC Squad.

Campbell in 2002 and Terry in 2006.

Head and shoulders, lmao. No.

Sol Campbell in the World Cup 2002 was absolutely astonishing tbh, an absolute rock in every single game England played. I agree Ferdinand was awesome too, and probably should have joined him in the World Cup squad, but Sol was the better of the two and by far the best at the tournament.

Terry in the World Cup 2006 squad is a joke.... other than a good performance against Portugal and a goal line clearence he was pretty dodgy tbh. But hey, it's super John Terry.. everyone is up his bum don'tcha know.

Back
Top Bottom