Tesco HUDL 1 soft-locked after reset...

Soldato
My dad has given his old Tesco HUDL to our kids to abuse and being a semi-competent guy he did the full wipe/reset to get all of his apps and details off of it.

BUT, the tablet is now effectively dead as part of it's new device setup procedure is to check for software updates. And those servers aren't running anymore, so it just sits there telling me to check my connection and try again.

There's no option to skip or delay this check so that's as far as i can get.

Any ideas? Are there any firmwares/roms i can load up using the sd-card slot and maintenance menu? I've tried googling but my keyword-fu is weak as every thread starts with "go into settings and enable usb debugging", and i'm currently locked out of the machine.

Thanks.

Soldato
OP
This might work seems tesco have turned off the servers and abandoned the hudl.

https://www.modaco.com/forums/topic...tuck-at-the-wifi-stage-after-a-factory-reset/

You're a star, i fired it up yesterday to sort it (need a spare distraction for half term!), and this is what i found...

Tesco supposedly has fixed this issue as of 2/3 weeks ago. When did your dad try it?

It's been sat in a drawer for about two months now, i turned it on to try out the link silverback gave me and the bloody thing works now!

Happy camper.

Thanks all.

Back
Top Bottom