The Tesla Thread

Soldato
You ever had a model S repaired?

Tesla charge an absolute fortune.

Ball joint cracked? Under warranty? Who cares... 5k bill from Tesla! Tallyho!

Soldato
For that many a day I've seens very few around the town.

What's the depreciation like on the Teslas? Too early for the model 3 but what about the others?

load going out of Edinburgh are going to NI (as there is no service centre/depot there yet), lots going to North of England area as Leeds/Manchester are the other options.

Soldato
You ever had a model S repaired?

Tesla charge an absolute fortune.

Ball joint cracked? Under warranty? Who cares... 5k bill from Tesla! Tallyho!
I think on the model 3 parts will be readily available to perform repairs as it’s a lot more commmon than a model S.

I think BMW and Mercedes charge over £200 an hour in some places.

Soldato
I should have changed my order to the Performance when I saw it for £430 a month :(.

I'm paying £311 (from April) for an SR Plus including tyres, maintenance, tyres and breakdown. 10,000 miles.

I was paying around £560 a month for my Octavia vRS when including fuel at £200 a month.

Nice saving.

plus VAT surely? You can’t be getting that on a personal lease.

Soldato
2019.36.2.1 ea332ad update downloading for me.

If you hold down the advanced button on the software screen, it will force the car to check for an update.

Just did it and mine is happily downloading now.

I'll try that next time. I did get a notification around 10pm last night and kicked off the update. I was curious about the car doing things while updating so I was watching the CCTV and sure enough about half way through it put the headlights on for ~30sec and then again a minute or so after for only a few seconds. I'd seen mention of it and now I have evidence! Anyway the scheduled charging is really what I've been waiting for.

Oh and I just saw the frost symbol on the battery when checking the charge settings which is a first for me.

n1O11gz.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I only got my car yesterday but I drove it before and after the update. I don’t think I need to use the brakes anymore!

Yeah just driven my car after the update and it defaulted to HOLD after having been driving with CREEP. Got to the end of the street and didn't expect the full stop!

Only downside is in reverse it's not really necessary and makes it tricky to get within a foot of my front window as there's a hump and I'm fighting the car to get over that last few inches. I'll either have to flatten the parking patch or disable HOLD for reversing over rough ground. I feel a tweet to Elon is needed.

Also the scheduled charging is welcome so I'm less likely to get in a frozen car this winter BUT in my i3 I was able to skip Wednesdays & Sundays but start charging on Saturday an hour earlier. I heard the contacts open a few times after setting the schedule while unloading the car so checked the app to see it had set the actual charge time to start at 03:20 tomorrow for a 07:00 departure time. Charge is currently low but my limit is only 60% so seems about right.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah just driven my car after the update and it defaulted to HOLD after having been driving with CREEP. Got to the end of the street and didn't expect the full stop!

Only downside is in reverse it's not really necessary and makes it tricky to get within a foot of my front window as there's a hump and I'm fighting the car to get it over that last few inches. I'll either have to flatten the parking patch or disable HOLD for reversing over rough ground. I feel a tweet to Elon is needed.

Also the scheduled charging is welcome so I'm less likely to get in a frozen car this winter BUT in my i3 I was able to skip Wednesdays & Sundays but start charging on Saturday an hour earlier. I heard the contacts open a few times after setting the schedule while unloading the car so checked the app to see it had set the actual charge time to start at 03:20 tomorrow for a 07:00 departure time. Charge is currently low but my limit is only 60% so seems about right.

There will soon be a 'bimbleuk mode' in the options menu. Just like Joe mode.

Soldato
Cones was nice addition to see and the HOLD is good and works well in reverse in a car park at least but I'm reversing more slowly now as it's constantly trying to stop me :)

Might just need more practise on my part. Wipers are still annoying and I'm constantly over riding them. Yesterday in the cold slushy weather I totally lost the Autopilot option despite having wiped all the cameras at least. Pity as it's been working in the dark, wet and foggy conditions up till now.

daz

daz

Soldato
How long did it take for everyone to get a delivery date? So far I ordered on Tuesday morning but haven't heard anything back yet. Just wondering about when to get my charger installed etc.

Soldato
How long did it take for everyone to get a delivery date? So far I ordered on Tuesday morning but haven't heard anything back yet. Just wondering about when to get my charger installed etc.

I ordered on 06 Nov and haven't heard anything yet either. I don't have a hidden VIN in the source code on the "Manage" page.

Soldato

Tesla charger will need a VIN to buy one. Others you'll need some sort of receipt to confirm you're buying an EV to qualify for the install grant.

"Customers must provide evidence of keepership, lease, be named as the primary user of an eligible electric vehicle or have a vehicle on order in order to be able to qualify for the grant."

As for delivery date it will vary on your options matching up to a vehicle in stock. When they get a "boat load" in then you may suddenly get an allocation and maybe collection appointment date. 7 days for me from paying the deposit and actually collecting my car unfortunately far from the norm currently!

Soldato

You'll hear something between now and 2032......

It's a lottery when you'll hear anything - If your lucky, you'll get matched quickly with your car - if not, then could be weeks/months till you hear anything.

Associate

Three months to the day from order to collection. I got a text about three weeks in advance informing me of the collection date.

nam

nam

Soldato
still stuck on 32.12.1 on my Model 3 P , tried tethering and connecting to local shopping centre wifi but always get the dhcp error message. Tesla chat support is closed today so will ask them on Monday to see if a update can be forced.

eqE4LEf.jpg

Back
Top Bottom