1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tesla Model 3

Discussion in 'Motors' started by wildest_jjk, 13 May 2015.

1. Journey

Sgarrista

M3 LR now confirmed to have new 82kWh pack installed, offering up to 360 miles, and likey an improved charging curve.

2. SDK^

Capodecina

"Look, we just overtook a GT3 RS" :D

3. neocon

Soldato

He's more likely to wrap his BMW around a tree than a Tesla would be to kill him?

4. Rotty

Don

they are horribly ugly IMO

5. Fusion

Capodecina

People using “delete” in the context of car specs need a good slap.

6. bimbleuk

Wise Guy

Plus it's not double glazed it's laminated glass. Welcome but nothing new.

I want to "delete" my chrome and I think ordering a Model Y will be the easiest option :)

Last edited: 12 Nov 2020
  7. daz

Capodecina

I put an order down for a white LR at the end of October. Should be here next month :)

8. Russinating

Capodecina

Nice, you won't regret it :).

9. delta0

Soldato

I could see myself in a 3 in a couple of years. Hopefully will see further battery improvements by then.

10. SDK^

Capodecina

The Model Y looks the better option. A load more space for storage & passengers with just a small impact on performance.

11. Russinating

Capodecina

Fair impact on price though! But yeah, agree to everything else.

12. neocon

Soldato

What's the build quality like on the Chinese made Tesla's? Could it be better than the US made ones?

13. nam

Wise Guy

was reported in one of the forums that they added extra sound insulation for door and trunk. Would be interested too see what difference it makes now with the insulated glass too

14. delta0

Soldato

I wouldn’t need that storage but the Y is definitely an awesome option as well.

15. b0rn2sk8

Soldato

The Y is the better option purely because it’s a proper hatch back. Ignoring the extra space, it’s just so much more practical and it’s just way more difficult to use the space in the 3 because it’s a ‘sedan’.

16. thewanted

Soldato

100%. This was a major contributing factor for me selling my 3.

17. chorse

Gangster

I just chucked the buggy away and now everything fits in.

18. Russinating

Capodecina

I moved from a Kia Sportage to a Model 3 and that was pretty much as utility as it gets; cheap, cheerful, can fit a fridge in the back and didn't really care about it, damage/dirt-wise.

I was concerned about the space but it's actually been fine. Yes the actual opening is smaller but the frunk is really handy, the boot is huge as is the length with the back seats down. Four of us went camping in it and we fit everything in with just a couple of bits in the middle of the back seats. I can fit my bike in and I doubt I need to move anything bigger than that more regularly than once a year (and I'm fortunate enough to have access to a van for IKEA trips and the like).

Comes down to your personal usage - obviously - and we don't have children.

19. sovietspybob

Mobster

I don't think i could have managed with a M3 when my daughter was born, but now she's 2 i think it'd be OK as we don't need to carry any where near as much stuff. Saying that given the choice i still think i'd go model Y if it was available here and a similar price as a hatch is a lot better most of the time.

I had an Impreza for several years which is about the same size as the 3, and again it had a huge boot but which was great for shopping and the like but no good if you wanted to take my mountain bike or a guitar amp anywhere. The wife had a Clio 197 at the time and even though a much smaller car than the STi it was far more useful as we could fit 2 bikes in the back so that ended up being the 'practical' car.

20. b0rn2sk8

Soldato

That’s the main point I was making, had a chest of draws in the back of my hatch back a few weeks ago. Not a chance of getting that in a model 3 despite it having far more load space.

Last week I went to the tip with 9 internal doors in the same hatch, I doubt that would fit either although I could do a couple of runs!

Model Y just had a far more practical load bay, not that I would want to cram it full on top runs!