The Tesla Thread

Man of Honour
You know I don't own an electric car, I don't own a car.

So why did you post tat comment about 14kw what point did you have?

And no that's not the end of if it at all. Nationalgrid is already being upgraded and you can even get your house connection upgraded if you want. So no that is far from the end of it.

Man of Honour
Caporegime
You know I don't own an electric car, I don't own a car.

So why did you post tat comment about 14kw what point did you have?

And no that's not the end of if it at all. Nationalgrid is already being upgraded and you can even get your house connection upgraded if you want. So no that is far from the end of it.

You would need a 14kWh charger to be able to do a 200 mile charge in 5 hours.

Caporegime
And all those are going to upgrade over night are they?
How can you struggle so much with the concept that infrastructure will continually improve over the coming decades.

Was there millions of petrol pumps when the first model T rolled off the line?

Decades? It was 2018 to 2020 a moment ago?

And yes, all the cars will likely be charging over night, as that's when most cars are at home.

Man of Honour
Decades? It was 2018 to 2020 a moment ago?

And yes, all the cars will likely be charging over night, as that's when most cars are at home.

It was never 2018-2020 for most cars to be EVs
And I didn't say charge over night, I said change over night. Vast majority if cars are still going to be petrol for a long while.

Why have you picked 5hrs, most people sleep longer than that, let alone be at home.

Man of Honour
Oh deer, everyone is supporting EVs, the public over the last few years have changed their tune and are now behind EVs. EVs are the future. You'll be waiting even longer for something else to come about, which won't have support for infrastructure. But of course this something else won't be allowed some time to build infrastructure. So you might as well get used to paying high fuel prices. In several decades time when it'll be priced to hell.

Man of Honour
Isn't that Glaucus usual post, regardless of subject?

I take it either of you won't be buying a Tesla product soon. Can the thread now move on please, the BEVolution is here.

:rolleyes: so what in this thread have I said that is stupid?
Think it's more people getting upset that EVs are starting to get a foot hold. For some reason. It's ok your gas cars will be here for a long time yet, no need to get so defensive over them.

Associate
Don't think many people on here will be too defensive, most people I've spoken to at meets would love an electric car as a second car ( to drive to work and nothing else). I know I would love something like an I3 as its different, cost me nothing to drive and more importantly stop me putting the silly number of miles I currently do on the Z4M.

And just to counter Skeeter, I live on a street where I would guess most people have 3/4 cars. Each have 2/3 spaces for cars off road and have space for chargers. We have 5 cars in my household at the moment and if I had space for a second I would be seriously considering an electric second car.

Caporegime
Don't think many people on here will be too defensive, most people I've spoken to at meets would love an electric car as a second car ( to drive to work and nothing else). I know I would love something like an I3 as its different, cost me nothing to drive and more importantly stop me putting the silly number of miles I currently do on the Z4M.

And just to counter Skeeter, I live on a street where I would guess most people have 3/4 cars. Each have 2/3 spaces for cars off road and have space for chargers. We have 5 cars in my household at the moment and if I had space for a second I would be seriously considering an electric second car.

I would love an Electric car. I just don't want a battery powered one.

Electric motors (especially in wheel ones) are 100% the future for personal vehicles. They are infinitely better than using an ICE for motion. But all the positives are lost and more negatives take over when you then strap them to 500KGs of slow charging, expensive, not very energy dense batteries.

Man of Honour
You certainly have some issue with them, as you keep posting the same non issues over and over again. And/or pick random figures like people are only at home for 5hrs over night. Couldn't possibly charge a 200mile range up over night fir the average person.
Or that you don't have a drive, which is only an issue for an early adopter. There's already companies that have road side charging stations.

Associate
I would love an Electric car. I just don't want a battery powered one.

Electric motors (especially in wheel ones) are 100% the future for personal vehicles. They are infinitely better than using an ICE for motion. But all the positives are lost and more negatives take over when you then strap them to 500KGs of slow charging, expensive, not very energy dense batteries.

Oh I agree that electric motors are the future and its just how we power them thats going to change, but for a vehicle to sit in traffic and drive to work I'm more then happy with the current vehicles on the market. < 30 miles a day commute to work and back ( plus wasting the Z4 as I rarely get above 4k rpm on most days) the current tech would suit me fine. I wouldn't dream of replacing my current car yet with anything that's out or coming out yet.

Last edited:
Soldato
:rolleyes: so what in this thread have I said that is stupid?
Think it's more people getting upset that EVs are starting to get a foot hold. For some reason. It's ok your gas cars will be here for a long time yet, no need to get so defensive over them.

The idea of AC twin chargers was pretty amusing. You rattle off all sorts of rubbish on all subjects, I know it, the forums know it, in truth you know it.

Defensive? I've spent the last 6 months drawing electric cars.

Back
Top Bottom