Tesla

Soldato
I guess the 'how much does it cost to fill' question was more of a 'is electric really much cheaper than petrol?' question.

Thank you for your replies guys. I'm struggling to believe that my Model 3 will be delivered on time so i'm looking at all options and trying to weigh up the costs of running the Model S instead.

Trying to use man maths for reasoning here. Lack of petrol costs, lower servicing costs (in comparison to other cars?) as less moving parts, etc etc :p

Model S is £570 a month and my current PCP deal is £330 a month.

Or as I work for the family business, business leasing may be a better option etc.. Guess I need to go down there and actually have a look at some figures and talk to someone in the know.

Soldato
Don't expect lower service prices lol. It costs more than double most ICE cars and just as frequently too. For practically nothing.

Expect to pay up to £825 for them to make sure the wheels haven't fallen off and the key fob battery isn't flat...

Last edited:
Associate
I saw one YT video where the guy had a model s and said you could skip the 2nd and 3rd services as they are basically wheel change and key fob battery.All the main stuff comes in the 4th service.

Caporegime
I doubt you can skip it if you are doing PCP though. Probably legally obliged to get all the servicing done.

I don't really see the point of PCP, the deposit would be ridiculous and the balloon at the end would be about 35K.

Man of Honour
You don't need to service anything, the only thing you lose even on finance is the guaranteed resoae value.

What happened to the government saying that all charging services will need to be accessed by a single card? So you don't have to sign upto 5 different services.

Soldato
I doubt you can skip it if you are doing PCP though. Probably legally obliged to get all the servicing done.

I don't really see the point of PCP, the deposit would be ridiculous and the balloon at the end would be about 35K.

If you go through PCP with Tesla’s direct finance company, don’t need to service it and it doesn’t effect the warranty, they even told me not needed.

I only grabbed a maintainence package with included servicing, tyres, breakpads and breakdown for a few £ per month. Makes sense as a company car.

The PCPs weren’t bad a few months ago as the finance rate was 1.5%. Now it’s gone up and they removed the previous entry model.

Soldato
If you go through PCP with Tesla’s direct finance company, don’t need to service it and it doesn’t effect the warranty, they even told me not needed.

I only grabbed a maintainence package with included servicing, tyres, breakpads and breakdown for a few £ per month. Makes sense as a company car.
I guess the 'how much does it cost to fill' question was more of a 'is electric really much cheaper than petrol?' question.

Thank you for your replies guys. I'm struggling to believe that my Model 3 will be delivered on time so i'm looking at all options and trying to weigh up the costs of running the Model S instead.

Trying to use man maths for reasoning here. Lack of petrol costs, lower servicing costs (in comparison to other cars?) as less moving parts, etc etc :p

Model S is £570 a month and my current PCP deal is £330 a month.

Or as I work for the family business, business leasing may be a better option etc.. Guess I need to go down there and actually have a look at some figures and talk to someone in the know.

You can get a pcp via a business too. Be carful of the base model as I personally think the premium interior pack is essential as the standard cloth seats are tacky in this price range. Also the premium tech pack and auto pilot are almost must haves I feel.

Soldato
I was under the impression that the new 75D came with the tech pack or some of it?

Only addition I can see is the Premium Upgrades Package which adds better audio, heated seats all round and bio defence mode?

The Standard Sound is Dire and Heated Steering Wheel are must haves :)

As above, Enhanced Auto Pilot, £1k for Metallic Paint and then if you go to interior choices, by default the seats are Cloth, £3k to get vegan leather seats.

Caporegime
Are the default seats cloth? Who wants cloth seats in a 70K car??

I know the Model 3 has cloth as default, but I can kinda understand that as it's supposed to be 'affordable' - Still wouldn't have one with cloth mind.

Soldato
How do Tesla drivers use your cars daily in terms of storage? Is the frunk extra space only used when the boot is full?
Or is it quite hand to use Day to Day?

Are the default seats cloth? Who wants cloth seats in a 70K car??

I know the Model 3 has cloth as default, but I can kinda understand that as it's supposed to be 'affordable' - Still wouldn't have one with cloth mind.

The Velar option is pretty special as a cost option!

Soldato
How do Tesla drivers use your cars daily in terms of storage? Is the frunk extra space only used when the boot is full?
Or is it quite hand to use Day to Day?

The Velar option is pretty special as a cost option!

As a single(-ish) male, not the best person to answer this. However, rear boot is estate size anyway so more than enough. The Frunk I’ve only used once for novelty.

Caporegime
Finally, an electric car I could actually get on-board with, and with a usable range.

I really like the Roadster 2, shame it will likely be extortionately expensive. Heck, even a version with half the performance would be more than fantastic assuming similar range (620mi).

Man of Honour
man that roadster looks nice, and lol 0-60 in 20 seconds for fully ladened semi.
and thats 500miles fully laden and at highway speeds.

Back
Top Bottom