Test Drive DEMO

Soldato
Love the engine sound from the exige. I also like the small details. You have to start the engine and it revs very nicely. The way the car jerks as you floor it, just as it would in real life. Can't remember that from PGR3. It really is quite nice so far.

Associate
Think it's great so far, as above love the sound of the Exige :cool:

Handling is very good i think, as is the graphics, only down side is the 15 minute time limit.

Looking forward to September all ready! :)

Soldato
Hmm 15 mins. Time sure does fly when I'm having fun. Seemed like 5. Found a Lambo garage and I was hoping through some small glitch I could drive other cars. I couldn't.

Soldato
Personally i loved it;

It had some really neat little touches, like the birds flying, the windows - and when they was up how the outside sounds become more muffled.

I didnt like the fact your car never got damaged though, the damage on other cars was good but yours was left mint.

I found it harder to control then PGR especially when going fast it was a lot harder to turn the cars, certainly on my buy list though.

Even with AA i thought it looked pretty good too, some of the camera angles were nice, and the incar view was nicely done - especially when you can change how high and close you sit!

Associate
Yeah i'm not overly impressed. The cars and handling, while good, are not as good as pgr3. The graphics are similar but not quite as good as pgr3, but... it has the expansive world to compensate, and it looks like a fairly sizable world (if generic from what we've seen).

I'm hoping the online side of it is quite fun to compensate.

Has anyone tried challenging another ai car in the offline mode? i get them to accept but then it seems to want me to plan a route and it won't let me, am i missing something or is this just something else that isn't available in the demo and they forgot to close it off properly?

Permabanned
Although the servers arent up, you can still multiplay, just drive into a multiplayer symbol and press a. You can join races or make your own!

Windle is that the main server? or just the multiplay races?

Soldato

There's people driving around the island on their own, and you can challenge them. They have their usernames above their head, when you challenge them you set the race course.

Soldato
llyama said:
Yeah i'm not overly impressed. The cars and handling, while good, are not as good as pgr3. The graphics are similar but not quite as good as pgr3, but... it has the expansive world to compensate, and it looks like a fairly sizable world (if generic from what we've seen).

I'm hoping the online side of it is quite fun to compensate.

Has anyone tried challenging another ai car in the offline mode? i get them to accept but then it seems to want me to plan a route and it won't let me, am i missing something or is this just something else that isn't available in the demo and they forgot to close it off properly?

Yeah the handling isn't as good, which is a bit of a downer. To challenge you have to set a decent distance I think. Handling aside I think it could be great. Lots of nice features. The cameras are fun. It is a shame that your car doesn't get damaged but I guess since your car is key to earning money it could cause a problem if you ran out of money and couldn't repair your car. Definitely going to get this and see if I can work around the handling.

Associate
I was downloading it, 60% in 20mins now xbox live has broke. Is it just me or is it properly down? When i go to test connection it gets all the way to "xbox live" then fails..

edit: working again

Last edited:
Associate
Was just driving in car with the elise, and noticed there are no reflections in the rear view and wing mirrors? Presume it's been disabled for performance issues in the demo.

Also had 2 hard lock ups in 3 demo's worth of play, gonna try some online play :]

Associate
RB506 said:
I was downloading it, 60% in 20mins now xbox live has broke. Is it just me or is it properly down? When i go to test connection it gets all the way to "xbox live" then fails..

edit: working again

I think Live is been hammered, when I got home I couldn't log into Live and now that I'm in the downloads keep failing and its telling me to come back later and try again. Its annoying as I want to try this demo out. :(

Soldato
Hehe, i love driving up behind people who are obviously enjoying driving slowly and enjoying the scenery/game and ramming them off the road before disappearing and leaving them choking on my dust :D

Back
Top Bottom