Test Drive DEMO

Soldato
It's much better online, me and some guy just spent like 5 mins doing doh-nuts leaving a massive cloud of smoke! then he challenged me to a race, took me ages to realise how to do a route but got it in the end, shame he punted me off the track into a lamp post at 120MPH on the last turn :p :D Online play is VERY impressive!

Soldato
Ye but you can see why its timed because peeps playing at booths at E3 will be hogging it and when it resets someone else gets a go. :p

But saying that maybe they should have done 2 seperate demo's but no big deal really. :)

MJ

MJ

Associate
i really had high hopes for this and tbh i am really dissapointed.

I don't think the graphics are anything to be that proud of and has it crashed on anybody yet?

Associate
Just managed to d/l it now, played it for 2mins and locked up both times :(

1st impressions..........hmm its ok, looked a bit grainy i thought. No PGR3 beater yet but there is time

Im still looking for something "Next Gen"

Soldato
Its locked up on my 360 3 out of the 5 goes i've had.If this what they are showing at E3 then there will be some bad press for microsoft.

I enjoyed it while it lasted anyway.

Soldato
I'm on my third x360 console. I thought my new one was ok but downloaded and played test drive demo tonight and it's locked up 3 times! Please don't tell me this piece of shi* console is on its way out too. I see a few other people in this thead have mentiond freezes/ lock ups with this demo. I don't think I could take another one going **** up, is money back time for sure if this one goes... :mad:

Associate
Looks OK but nothing amazing, I was comparing the shelby GT model car with the one in PGR3 and think the TDrive model looks better but somehow PGR3 looks a lot more polished and realistic overall. I hope that a bit of AA can be applied to the 360 games in the future this is something that all games so far have been lacking and IMO would make the world of diffefrence,,

Caporegime
Downloading as we speak, been about 20 mins on a 2mb adsl connection and im only at 5% lol:p.

Anyways another game im looking forward to is NCAA 2K7 basketball game...looks pretty cool from the demo i downloaded.

EDIT: Crap mine just gave up the ghost...stupid thing:mad::p....gonna try aagain but i think the servers are being hammered hard though for this game.

Last edited:
Soldato
gave up and turned the 360 off now when i saw it had gone down to 40 % i just lost the plot, ms should know the high demand this will create, if it was like a pc game patch i would accept it,but im a paying live customer, i should get paramount over the silver sub people. peeved off :mad:

Soldato
Cant say Im too impressed, nice idea and all, but the handling of the cars just doesnt feel right. Put the PGR handling system on this game and its a winner, love the idea of the map and the GPS to allow you to set destinations. Shame I cant take the Lambos out for a drive :(

Just got myself stuck up a hill behind a tree too :D

Cant see myself buying this unless the reviews suggest a rework of the handling, but maybe worth a rent to check it out once its released.

Associate
Downloaded really quick and played for a good half hour.

Dull, dull and more dull.

It might be cause ive reached the ripe old age of 24 but ever single 360 game ive played hasnt been able to keep my attention for any longer than a week!!

I want fresh ideas dam it, i want to do something that i havent done a zillion other times before with lesser graphics.

Although i feel the playsation 3 will destroy my gaming soul even worse than the my never used psp did.

Back
Top Bottom