Test Drive DEMO

Soldato
And what? Fair enough in PGR3 where you have no chance of catching up but in an arcade game like this it's easy enough to catch someone up after going off the road.

If you can't take the pace stay off the road, i have no compulsions about ramming in TDU and outside of races i quite enjoy knocking other drives off the road :)

Caporegime
Windle said:
And what? Fair enough in PGR3 where you have no chance of catching up but in an arcade game like this it's easy enough to catch someone up after going off the road.

If you can't take the pace stay off the road, i have no compulsions about ramming in TDU and outside of races i quite enjoy knocking other drives off the road :)

Remind me to teach you a lesson in Madden one of these days :p

Personally though i think the game has the makings of being good, i havent been taken off the road in the demo as it kept crashing. But on pgr3 when your trying to have a decent game and you get immature idiots who try to ram u off the road because they are losing...well i think thats pretty pathetic tbh. Ruins the whole gaming experience.

As for TDU the times it didnt lock up i did take a few cars off the road but then i wasnt really playing it all that seriously etc.

Caporegime
Windle said:
I'll be happy to show you the error of your ways with Culpepper (Vikings) or with Lewis (Ravens) anytime mate :)

Ahh well i have Tiki Barber(Giants] as my main weapon and Toomer(Giants) as my main receiver..so we shall see...

Ill be on later tonight so if you fancy a quick game then give me a shout...im a bit rusty as ive forgotten which buttons do what:p

Soldato
Did anyone else feel underwhelmed by the demo?

Perhaps I was expecting too much, but the car handling was dire imho.

I played through the first 15min time slot, then went back to TopSpin2.

I hope the final game is much better.

Soldato
I played it a bit more last night in offline mode (to avoid crashes) and I think the handling is better than I first thought, still not brilliant, but I think if it was released like that I would still enjoy it.

The scale of the island also sank in, you only get a tiny part to play in the demo, and from what I saw it was almost as big as one of the citys in something like GTA.

Looking forward to it :)

Soldato
The Mad One said:
BTW you do realise all those people driving around with name tags above their cars in free roam mode are AI drivers right?

I only say since a couple of you seem to think they are real drivers. :rolleyes:

Some of them are, some of them (if you are signed into Live) are other real people.

Think the ones with blue names are AI, and orange/red are real, though dont quote me on that as my memory could be failing :p

Caporegime
Nismo said:
I played it a bit more last night in offline mode (to avoid crashes) and I think the handling is better than I first thought, still not brilliant, but I think if it was released like that I would still enjoy it.

The scale of the island also sank in, you only get a tiny part to play in the demo, and from what I saw it was almost as big as one of the citys in something like GTA.

Looking forward to it :)

Same thing i did last night, it kept crashing while i was logged into live but once i logged out and then started the demo, it was smooth and nice to play.
In fact im looking forward to this game..blasting down that stretch of road at almost 200mph is something else. Only thing is i kept crashing and getting caught by the police...had about $2k in fines :eek::p. One thing i did notice is the AI players like to take u off the road but in the Lambo thy couldnt catch me. The Shelby....hehe...wheel spinning all the way down the road was fun...not as fast as the lambo but just as fun.

Yeh i cant wait for this game, it looks good imho...just needs a bit of tweaking here and there and i think it could very well be a killer title. Then handling isnt that great, not enough feedback imho.

Soldato
errrr just not digging it, the graphics arnt up to PGR3 standard and the handling is way off. but they have time to tweak it I suppose.

first imoressions are that i wont be spending my $ on this so far

Soldato
CocoPops said:
Did anyone else feel underwhelmed by the demo?

Perhaps I was expecting too much, but the car handling was dire imho.

I played through the first 15min time slot, then went back to TopSpin2.

I hope the final game is much better.

put the xbox360 car or alienware car in from Burnout Revenge, then it'll be fun

Associate
Bit disappointed with it but still hoping they have time to iron out the faults before release...ropey graphics, average handling and locking up the 360 lol, not a good start...still, its got huge potential, really want to see it tweaked into something worth playing, maybe then i'll buy it :D

Soldato
TBH I am not overly impressed with this (demo at least).

I understand a lot of the game is about the instant races etc and the sheer scale of the thing but I was suprised at how little there is actually to do.

It doesn't look that good either.

Overall it definately has potential but they still need to work quite a lot on it.

Oh and a little niggle. If you are going to go so far as to make the windows go up and down why can't we do the same with the gallardos roof?!

Soldato
oweneades said:
TBH I am not overly impressed with this (demo at least).

I understand a lot of the game is about the instant races etc and the sheer scale of the thing but I was suprised at how little there is actually to do.

It doesn't look that good either.

Overall it definately has potential but they still need to work quite a lot on it.

Oh and a little niggle. If you are going to go so far as to make the windows go up and down why can't we do the same with the gallardos roof?!

When the full game opens up there be achievements and and the island will 2/3 hours to drive across real time. Also you can buy new houses, clothes shops, taxi missions, car dealers across the Island.

Im sure bugs will be fixed etc for full release the developers are watching at least they care unlike some other developers.

Soldato
bingham67 said:
When the full game opens up there be achievements and and the island will 2/3 hours to drive across real time. Also you can buy new houses, clothes shops, taxi missions, car dealers across the Island.

Im sure bugs will be fixed etc for full release the developers are watching at least they care unlike some other developers.

Thats true however I would prefer it that you could get out and walk into the clothes shops / dealerships rather than cutting to a menu type system.

I am probably expecting too much but it seems that they have got so far to leave something like that out could spoil it.

I will definately keep my eye on this. Will probably buy it even with the few niggles.

Soldato
Visiting places of interest on the island will be fun I guess, sight seeing without the need to pay £££ to fly to Hawaii. I wonder where "the Dog" lives? (for those not in the know, he's the Bounty Hunter guy from Bravo tv).

More on topic, aren't there supposed to be bikes in the game?

Soldato
Zico said:
Visiting places of interest on the island will be fun I guess, sight seeing without the need to pay £££ to fly to Hawaii. I wonder where "the Dog" lives? (for those not in the know, he's the Bounty Hunter guy from Bravo tv).

More on topic, aren't there supposed to be bikes in the game?

Yep there are bikes in the game.

And you can do Car vs Bike races. :)

Back
Top Bottom