Testing

Associate
Hi all,

New to PC gaming the build is as per my signature minus the 3080 as I’m waiting for the founders edition.
Problem is that I have already purchased my parts already, all still boxed unopened. My question is, without the GPU is there anyway to test everything else is OK or can I not do this without the GPU?....guessing it won’t post? I have until 6th October to return any faulty parts is why I’m asking.

If not, what’s the cheapest way of me being able to test the parts? Buy a cheaper GPU?......ideally I don’t want to have to do that if it can be helped.

much appreciated.

Edit...incase signature doesn’t show...

X570 Mag Tomahawk
RM750 PSU
WB Black 1TB nvme
NZXT H510 Elite
Ryzen 3700x
Crucial ballistix 3600mhz
Kracken X63

Soldato
My question is, without the GPU is there anyway to test everything else is OK or can I not do this without the GPU?....guessing it won’t post? I have until 6th October to return any faulty parts is why I’m asking.
No, you need a GPU for that setup.

If you can't grab a 3080 before that date - i would beg, borrow or steal any card to verify that you haven't got any DOA parts - so you can make use of the easy 28 days return policy, if needed.

Or, buy a cheap second hand card and then sell it on - probably with minimum loss. But, the ideal would be to get a 100% known working card - if not buying new - so if you can, buy locally. As, you don't want to be trying to rule out a dodgy 2nd hand card if your system doesn't post.

Associate
OP
No, you need a GPU for that setup.

If you can't grab a 3080 before that date - i would beg, borrow or steal any card to verify that you haven't got any DOA parts - so you can make use of the easy 28 days return policy, if needed.

Or, buy a cheap second hand card and then sell it on - probably with minimum loss. But, the ideal would be to get a 100% known working card - if not buying new - so if you can, buy locally. As, you don't want to be trying to rule out a dodgy 2nd hand card if your system doesn't post.
Thanks Plec.

I might pop to the local techie shop to see if I can loan a GPU maybe just to test.
Appreciate the advice.

thank you

Back
Top Bottom