TFT + CRT, multiple montior Q's

Associate
Hi! I've become aware of a few cheap 17inch CRT's available, and as I have some space on the left of my 17inch TFT I was wondering about setting up a dual monitor setup.

However I have no knowledge of these at all, or even if my machine could take it! The GFX is an unlocked 6800LE, which I believe has VGA and another format socket on it.

More importantly If I get a second monitor, what can I use it for? I'm guessing it wouldn't look great as one full screen app, because of the fairings around the screen itself.

Any info gratefully recieved!

Daniel

Soldato
hi there,

i recently setup a dual TFT + CRT pc for my brother and it is very easy.

if your gtraphics card has one DVI (white port) and ine VGA (D shaped blue port) on the back your fine. however if the card has two DVI ports you'll need a DVI to VGA converter for the CRT which can be had for around £6 delivered (£2 + del from some places.

the setup is very easy as the graphics driver will recognise the new monitor straight away and you should be able to select a profile for each one allowing each to have separate refresh rates (60HZ for the TFT and whatever you like/can for the CRT) - once you decide on the resolution of the CRT.

second monitors are typically used to extend desktop apps so you can open more windows tbh - running games on them is hit and miss. my bro uses the second mionitor for running 3d studio max tutorials while he uses the TFT to actually use the 3DS program.

cheers,

Back
Top Bottom