TFT dilemma

Soldato
For a new build in the next couple of months, i'm having 2nd and third thoughts on what TFT to get. As it will be used for everything ie. DVD's, games, internet and general web design, i need a good all round TFT.

I was initially thinking of just getting a 20" widescreen. Then i decided i would use an old CRT and save up for a 24" widescreen. Now, i'm rather put off both ideas as i would need to spend a fair amount on a GFX card to run games at the max resolution on both.

I'm now just considering getting a 19" widescreen therefore meaning i wouldn't have to spend as much on a GFX card to get games running at decent settings at the max resolution.

Which TFT's are the best around for DVD playback?

Is there any point in getting a 20" over a 19" widescreen TFT. The size difference is minimal but the price difference can be so big considering there's only 1" difference.

Opinions please. :)

edit//

The 19" WS TFT i would be considering is the 19" Iiyama PLE1900WS-B Black LCD at around £165. The price looks too good to be true.

Last edited:
Soldato
imo theres not much gain in a 20" than a 19" tbh...

and theres quite a few really decent widescreen tfts that can be had for around the 150 mark... such as the acer AL1916W

1440 x 900 is perfect for me, all my games such as fear for example look really good and dvd playback also looks superb...

Soldato
OP
I still don't know what to do. :confused:

At what resolution on a 20" does the image in gaming start to look bad? I'd have to play games at a lower resolution as i don't fancy forking out £400 on a gfx card at the moment.

Permabanned
I love my Xerox XAP 17" TFT. Fantastic picture quality. I know you are after a bigger TFT but take a look at the Xerox ones. Mine has a glass front which is awesome. Easy to clean too and it protects the screen.

Back
Top Bottom