TFT screenburn?

Soldato
Plexman said:
I have the same problem and also a number of other problem with my xerox.

Now been waiting 4-5 month for a replacment to be sorted by xerox.

Don't think I will be buying another xerox monitor for a long time.

Me too, bunch of muppets to be honest, cant be bothered with anything by the looks of it :(

Associate
Ugh. Same problem here on my Xerox Xa7 19i

Did anyone ever get this resolved?

Turning mine off for a day or so does aleviate the problems... Turning it off for a few days gets rid of them completely. Problem is, after an hour or so of use, they're straight back again.

That also makes it a problem to RMA. If it fades after a day or so, then by the time tech guys get to see it, it'll be gone and they'll call no fault.

Oh, and just for the record, mine started at the top of the panel, got progressively worse, and has now spread throughout the whole of it. ie - you get "stuck" images in the middle of the display.

Associate
I would definitely return the panel after discussing it with the tech department, just point out to them that it may not show on the first test and they will need to leave on test for a few hours or longer. When you pack your monitor to go back, type an explanation letter A4 size and place it across the panel so that the tech guys can read it.

kbc

kbc

Associate
hoodmeister said:
...Oh, and just for the record, mine started at the top of the panel, got progressively worse, and has now spread throughout the whole of it. ie - you get "stuck" images in the middle of the display.

Mine is the same, but hasn't quite mutated into the middle of the screen yet. :( It's a joke really... I can use Windows without Windows being loaded, seeing as the taskbar seems to have etched onto the screen. I've left it off for over 2 days now and am using my 15" LG, and .... jeez... is this monitor small.

Hopefully when I turn my Xerox back on, the screen-burn disappears. But to my annoyance, it will probably reappear the minute Windows boots. Not sure if this helps, but I've also tried turning the contrast and brightness on my Xerox down a notch. In fact it's a bit better to work with, since the monitor is just unbelievably bright.

Associate
I think you can get screen burn with an LCD monitor. I've just bought an LCD TV and the manual warns of the risk of leaving images paused for extended periods. I was surprised to discover this after scoffing at screen savers for some time. I think tyhe screen burn warning is common in many LCD TV manuals.

Associate
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I am so peeved off, after all the hassle we had with the wrong panel, dust problems, wavey lines, pixelation etc etc

I have just came come out of playing WoW for about 4 hours and I've noticed I got screen burn :(((

Got the map in the top right and my character pane in the top left.

Its only the top of the screen it has affected.

I ran the dead pixel buddy and cycled thought the colours and I can really only see it on a blue background.

Going off to seeth in a quiet dark room now.

Diddy

Soldato
Just found this thread and mine has just started showing these symptoms :(

Shame really as when the monitor was brand new it was really rather good. The display has also deteriorated somewhat and has led to a "washed out" picture

See my thread here. Never thought this happened with TFTs

I recently bought a cheap & cheerful second hand Digimate L-1916 for £100 and it's far better!

Associate
If the images are fading, then its probably just a severe image retention rather than a burn, as really to burn a modern lcd/plasma screen the image would have to be there for days on end. A good trick i have found is to install a TV tuner card, and let the 'snow' that is shown on an untuned channel run for hours on end, leave it over night, maybe a few nights in a row. This really does help, a lot.

I thought a had image burn on my Pioneer 43" Plasma TV, but was just a really bad retained image. It took about 6-7 weeks to fade away and finally go, but with a good few 'snow' sessions, its gone for good.

Hope this helps.

Soldato
merlin2k6 said:
If the images are fading, then its probably just a severe image retention rather than a burn, as really to burn a modern lcd/plasma screen the image would have to be there for days on end. A good trick i have found is to install a TV tuner card, and let the 'snow' that is shown on an untuned channel run for hours on end, leave it over night, maybe a few nights in a row. This really does help, a lot.

I thought a had image burn on my Pioneer 43" Plasma TV, but was just a really bad retained image. It took about 6-7 weeks to fade away and finally go, but with a good few 'snow' sessions, its gone for good.

Hope this helps.

Really appreciate that advice, luckily i have a winTV card so wil give that a try.

Associate
Hi,

I have managed to remove the image burn but displaying a white screen for an hour or so, but if I then run the same application/game for a short time again it virtually immediately returns :((((((

Diddy

Back
Top Bottom