Thailand

Caporegime
OP
Anywhere famous will have been ruined by now. Koh Chang is nothing now compared to the mid-90s when no-one had heard of it. I went to Boracay when it didn't even have a jetty, now it has a golf course! Don't follow your friends around the world, go somewhere new!
We've got a decent amount of time there (or perhaps not enough) so open to lots of suggestions, two weeks will definitely be spent diving/climbing though.

We're thinking about about going to Thailand over Christmas, but are a little but off by their current political riots etc etc? Should we be?!

Thanks,

Mal :)
Nope :).

Caporegime
OP
To OP. The best thing I bought when travelling was in Thailand. A 5 litre Ocean Pack fully waterproof bag (I think mine is a differnent make but they are all similar - will check tonight) I kept passport, docs and valuables in it when moving around and took it on trips everywhere. You can roll them up and throw them in the sea and they float. In Fiji the locals who did summit walks, fishing etc thought it was the best bag ever and offered me $10 for it! It cost me about 300bht (£5 at the time)
Sounds good - I had wondered where to keep money (other half has a money belt) and valuables. Padlocking my backpack won't really help I'd imagine.

Soldato
Sounds good - I had wondered where to keep money (other half has a money belt) and valuables. Padlocking my backpack won't really help I'd imagine.

I had a money belt but it was a pain in the balls so i ended up not using it. My backpack didnt have a padlock or that wire mesh stuff. Personally if a bag has a load of security on it, it means "steal me because i have good stuff in" people who want to get in will just snip the wire anyway or pull it open. Just dont pack things like a rolex and 2 laptops!

I took the following -

berghaus-arete-45-litre-rucksack.jpg

Suppose to be a day or 2-3 day ski backpack. Rubbish, I had it for just over 7 months and was probably too much

45litre backback +15litre (sides and top)
1 jeans
flipflops
trainers
2 swim shorts
1 shorts
5 boxers
5 socks
2 shirt
5 tshirts
1 dry towel
small pillow
silk sleep sack
zip clear bag with the following - toothbrush, toothpaste, paracetamol, battery shaver, electronic stuff like usb drive, camera charger

The slik sleep sack and small pillow came in very handy on the odd occasion my bed had ants on and the pillow looked like someone had used it as a tampon!

I did laugh when i got off small boats onto island in thailand and fiji and watch as people struggled with their 80litre monsters or wheeled case as I held mine above my head

Caporegime
OP
Aye I'll be taking my Berghaus backpack, and taking nothing valuable essentially, other then my sunglasses (prescription and glazed, very expensive) and camera.

Back
Top Bottom